Re: No police in free roam?

by mikevan822356

Original Post

No police in free roam?

★★★ Novice

I like this need for speed a lot, but i don't seeing cops on free roam. I like the cops because they add new difficult on the game and liking more illegal races. 

Message 1 of 9 (998 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

There has been a lot of talk about this. It was a known fact right before the game released. I think will all of the complaints about it, it will happen. I, for one, really hope this happens. I want it to be similar to NFS Most Wanted when it comes to pursuits. That means heat levels and pursuit breakers.

Message 2 of 9 (976 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@XGCSith wrote:

There has been a lot of talk about this. It was a known fact right before the game released. I think will all of the complaints about it, it will happen. I, for one, really hope this happens. I want it to be similar to NFS Most Wanted when it comes to pursuits. That means heat levels and pursuit breakers, 

I would love to see pursuit breakers make a return although that would require work since they would have add a lot of them. Heat levels are needed as well. What bugs me is they said the cops would be harder but if i don't have to worry about getting away and only reaching the end it lessens the hardness. most of the time the scripted chases merely feel like a time trial where cops happen to be chasing you. also they talked about the kill-switch and to me it merely scrambles the HUD but i thought it was meant to shut down your car (honestly i am glad it doesn't) another point they said rhinos would go after you during a race and implied that cops would go after you during a race. only one race even had cops and that was the outlaw's rush others had cops after race/event in the form of a scripted chase.

the point being ghost mislead us.

Message 3 of 9 (942 Views)

★★ Guide

hmm, the other day, I was cornered, was just able to start pulling away and it killed the car.

Message 4 of 9 (930 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@anti-loser1 Ive had a killswitch hit my car and it killed it. It took a couple of seconds for my engine to restart. As for the other stuff, I agree. The police stuff could be a DLC. I feel they should go all out with these police chases and make it just like it was in Most Wanted.

Message 5 of 9 (927 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

@XGCSith wrote:

@anti-loser1 Ive had a killswitch hit my car and it killed it. It took a couple of seconds for my engine to restart. As for the other stuff, I agree. The police stuff could be a DLC. I feel they should go all out with these police chases and make it just like it was in Most Wanted.

Interesting, i have only had my HUD get scrambled. I never had my car get killed completely. i guess i managed to avoid it somehow

Message 6 of 9 (878 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

@anti-loser1 They have to be in front of you to engage the killswitch. You can tell which cars are killswtich cars by the symbol on the top of the cars. There are the shield ones and then there are the ones that have a different symbol. I cant think of what it looks like at the moment. 

Message 7 of 9 (846 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have played a lot of need for speed payback for the last year now and the answer is no, cops aren't in free roam. It does suck I agree but I hope there is an update that adds them, especially in silver rock (SPOILER ALERT: since the house hates Tyler and Mac then later Jess after her cover is blown since the events of Skyhammer was a test for Jess but a set up for Tyler and Mac) So after that I would assume cops would be on high alert to chase you. I can see why cops don't chase during races (SPOILER ALERT) besides in the last mission also known as the outlaws rush, but Lina called them on payroll and told them to only go after TYLER not the OTHER RACERS.)This is because street racing is legal in fortune valley as long as they are not a danger to public and private property as stated by the police in (SPOILER ALERT) The outlaws rush after all of the leagues (Besides Shift lock since Underground soldier was forced to flee before the race,1% club,Diamond block, and Hazard company.) so the cops don't mind street racing. but most of the time in free roam you are endangering public property and private property by, Ramming cars, Destroying billboards, Destroying environment objects, ETC... If they do however I hope they make it like midnight club where you actually have to get out of their sight rather than get to a certain point or by taking out all the cops on you (because they probably would not have the whole department on you.) but if they do add free roam chases (rather than bait crates and abandoned car events) they should not add the whole police force on you (a max of 5-10 cops on you and more can come on you if you don't get rid of them within 1-3 minutes then more will come and if your caught you should actually pay money to get bailed out of jail.)

Message 8 of 9 (779 Views)

★★ Expert

@Guizao_G-S 

Cops in free roam to me are boring at best! 

I rather just go race! 

Message 9 of 9 (763 Views)