Nfs payback characters don't talk putside of cutscenes

by 0412Max

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Nfs payback characters don't talk putside of cutscenes

★★★ Newbie
In the storyline the characters are supposed to say stuff outside of races or in the middle of races. In my case they only talk during cutscenes not in the race.
Message 1 of 5 (1,064 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Nfs payback character talking issue

★★★ Newbie
I don't have those kind of settings as far as I know but I have fixed it, when I put my system language on English (US) the conversations appeared.

View in thread

Message 5 of 5 (1,424 Views)

All Replies

Nfs payback character talking issue

★★★ Newbie
The characters only talk during cutscenes and not during the race. I know they are supposed to because I've seen walktrough videos where they do talk. How can I fix this?
Message 2 of 5 (1,062 Views)

★★ Guide

They talk when you drive around in single player.  The racers talk to the other drivers sometimes during the races.  

I was going to mention, that with my Logitech speaker system, the desktop controller has to have the 'matrix' button turned off in order for me to hear them talk. 

No issue that I know of with headset.

You never mentioned what type of audio device you are using?

Message 3 of 5 (1,056 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Perhaps your Voice/Audio settings are misconfigured in-game?
But yeah, they only talk while casually driving around and not during missions or bait crates. And never in garage/tune up shop/dealership.
The set of conversations to be heard are different for each player character as well.

Message 4 of 5 (1,030 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I don't have those kind of settings as far as I know but I have fixed it, when I put my system language on English (US) the conversations appeared.
Message 5 of 5 (1,425 Views)