Re: NFS Payback won't launch.

by Dryminator

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Payback won't launch.

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Game won't launch at all. Nothing happens. No window pop up, no error. Origin pops up and says I can play this game. Tried repairing, updating and re-registering the game in the registry. The game worked fine for 1 day. NFS 2015 works fine without problems, tho I think it uses the same engine, and should use most of the same drivers etc.

Message 1 of 36 (64,205 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EstoniaNumberOne

Hey man. If you have the issue where it says something about the cloud saves and then for 2 seconds NFS Payback process appears in task manager, then the solution is simple (works for most people, but not for everyone).

Apparently it is required that your Origin application has to be the latest version - 10.5.5.6040. It probably does not work on older versions of Origin, even if it is v10. So this is what you should do.

1. Uninstall your current Origin application from Control Panel
2. Download Origin from https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/download
3. Install Origin and launch NFS Payback

PS! You do not have to uninstall the game when you uninstall Origin.

Let us know here if this worked for you Standard smile

View in thread

Message 3 of 36 (86,332 Views)

All Replies

★★ Guide
Memory: 8192MB RAM
      Available OS Memory: 8134MB RAM

If I am reading that file correctly, 16 GB is better for RAM. 

Message 2 of 36 (64,047 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EstoniaNumberOne

Hey man. If you have the issue where it says something about the cloud saves and then for 2 seconds NFS Payback process appears in task manager, then the solution is simple (works for most people, but not for everyone).

Apparently it is required that your Origin application has to be the latest version - 10.5.5.6040. It probably does not work on older versions of Origin, even if it is v10. So this is what you should do.

1. Uninstall your current Origin application from Control Panel
2. Download Origin from https://www.origin.com/irl/en-us/store/download
3. Install Origin and launch NFS Payback

PS! You do not have to uninstall the game when you uninstall Origin.

Let us know here if this worked for you Standard smile

Message 3 of 36 (86,333 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Reinstalled it 3 times. Didn't fix the problem.

Message 4 of 36 (64,022 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

But is it the same issue that I described or something different? Can you check in task manager what happens when you try to launch the game. Sort the processes alphabetically, go to around N or Ne... then try to launch the game and see if the process even appears in your task managers or not.

Message 5 of 36 (64,016 Views)

★★★★ Novice

So, it started working. After I launched NFS Payback, origin closed. Then it started updating, and the game launched. Weird glitch.

Message 6 of 36 (63,999 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

What updated, Origin or the game? Might be valuable information to help other people out in the future.

Message 7 of 36 (63,973 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

When I click start game it shows black screen, in task manager process of game froze, pls help

Message 8 of 36 (63,969 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Origin closed, and updated itself.

Message 9 of 36 (63,949 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@EstoniaNumberOne

That is so strange, I still cannot find any way within the v10 client to update itself. They really need to work on the application.

Message 10 of 36 (63,918 Views)