Re: NFS Payback constant stuttering issue

by Babyalien1

Original Post

NFS Payback constant stuttering issue

★★★ Newbie

Hi,

I really love this game, it has a lot of features that I love and the handling is WAY better than the one in NFS 2015, but I have so many problems with stuttering and texture pop in that it's impossible for me to like it.

Basically, the game stutters every 30 seconds, textures don't load in properly, and sometimes the game fails so badly to load textures and objects that it freezes for a couple of seconds, ruining the flow and immersion of the game. All these problems are stronger and happen even more frequently on multiplayer, making a already lackluster multiplayer experience totally unplayable for me.

Also, I feel like the new patch and the new Nvidia drivers, instead of fixing or even remedying the problem, they made it worse.

I already tried: Turning Shadowplay off, clean boot, lowering graphics settings, running the game on windowed mode. Nothing worked.

I hope origins can sort this out and make the game playable for me since I really want to enjoy it and give you a proper feedback based on my impressions.

Message 1 of 2 (461 Views)

Re: NFS Payback constant stuttering issue

★★ Novice

Are you playing with graphics settings that are within what your card can handle? 

I'm using a GTX 1070 and I had some micro-stuttering at 1440p (2K) with everything set to Ultra and AA set the TAA, even though I was hitting around 80fps. As I do a lot of in-game photography I wanted to run x2.25 DSR to get a 4K resolution but had to reduce shadows, geometry and post-processing to High. Micro-stuttering is virtually gone, some still present here and there though, and I'm now getting a playable 35-42fps at 4K.

I suspect the game has some memory leaks or causes memory spikes, thus creating the micro-stuttering.    

Message 2 of 2 (434 Views)