NFS Classic Re-Releases

by tsukuyomi-r

Original Post

Accepted Solution

NFS Classic Re-Releases

★ Guide

Couldn’t find a general NFS franchise forum so figured I’d post this here.

Question/Recommendation:

At some point is it possible we‘ll get a Classic NFS Collection / standalone Re-Releases with Underground 1, Underground 2, Most Wanted 05’, Carbon, and even ProStreet?  All coming with Trophies/Achievements.  I know for a fact it would sell like CRAZY, to the point it would make up double or more for it after spending all the money on licensing for the cars and music featured in the games (which I can only imagine how much that could be, but the sales would probably triple it)

BTW this has nothing to do with the new game if anyone was assuming that, I think NFS Heat looks great and am pre ordering.  This has just been on my mind since the PS3 era when HD Collections were coming out - and I think this is the perfect time since it’s NFS’s 25th!  Though since it’s not in the works, it could very well come out in a few years since I’m sure it takes time to port them to modern consoles and implement Trophies/Achievements especially, but it would be so worth it on EA’s end.  They could be released in separate bundles at different times so sales could potentially be better since buying 4 or 5 at a time would be a little much.  Such as “The Underground bundle” with UG1 and UG2.  Then after a couple months, Most Wanted 05’ and Carbon in a bundle, maybe including ProStreet - though ProStreet could be a pre-order bonus and eventually have a standalone release along with the others.  After some time and sales, “The Ultimate NFS Classic bundle” with all 5 games for 60-100 bucks.  At some point this needs to be a thing so I’m suggesting it now!

About that time those games should be seeing a deserving re-release since they’re classic’s now with the demand for them growing, and after EA stating they don’t believe in re-releases some years ago, they should really rethink that now because it’s the perfect time to start.

Message 1 of 8 (1,601 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: NFS Classic Re-Releases

★ Guide

I understand that but that doesn’t mean it’s not

possible to do it right down the road.  I’m simply asking in advance, not begging or asking for it to be dropped anytime soon as I don’t have those expectations.  It can be done right, it’s just an idea that they could use for PS5, even if it’s at the end of PS5 generation.  It wouldn’t hurt anyone if they did this, and fans would lose their minds if they did - in a good way.  These games are special and dear to many, it would be nice when the time is right.  I know it’ll probably never happen but it really doesn’t hurt to ask / suggest.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (1,425 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Pro
@tsukuyomi-r They launched a mix called NFS Collector's Series with Collector version UG1 UG2 MW05,this should be the closest thing to what you want
Message 2 of 8 (1,504 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

@GK3512 ...Not even close as to what I’m talking about in this post lol.  I have the PS2 games, no need to get the bundle for it.  I’m talking a re-release on modern consoles for its 20th anniversary, maybe later since it takes time.  Such as the PS5 and Xbox Scarlett.  Not just for me, but for all the fans.  The games are classics and deserve re-releases at some point, not remasters or remakes, but re-releases with higher resolution and Trophies / Achievements.  I understand the possibility is low since we’re talking about EA here, but why not give it a try.

Message 3 of 8 (1,500 Views)

★★★ Pro
@tsukuyomi-r Dude you are so wrong it isent the UG games that are celebrating 25th anniversary this year. It is the orginal games from the 90s the cannonball NFS, that is all about excotic stock supercars no nos or tuning. More realistic racing on tracks, those are the real true classics. Those deserve a remaster etc the firs Pursuit High Stakes NFS Porsche, you should instead look forward too Heat since that is more a game for you.
Message 4 of 8 (1,475 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

... I know this.  Also, I never said it was the Underground games celebrating, please learn how to read to understand past your narrow perspective.  Anyway, not what I’m talking about, this post isn’t 100% based off of the 25th anniversary, I only mentioned that for the hell of it.  Maybe I should’ve been more specific and said “Blackbox re-release Collection” as a part of the anniversary, as that’s what most fans want.  Don’t believe me?  Ask them.   Second of all, chill, no need to push your bias opinion down my throat like they’re facts.  We all have preferences.  I can respect yours but change the way you talk to people, have some decency and understanding.  Third, this “Blackbox re-release Collection” would do far better in sales than the original few would, and that’s a fact.  Another reason why I suggested them.  Unreal how toxic the NFS community is, can’t even make a simple suggestion without some outraged fan having an outburst over someone with different preferences.

Message 5 of 8 (1,444 Views)

★ Guide

I literally never said it was Underground’s 25th.  Please re-read my post throughly instead of skimming through it so you can understand what I was saying and asking for.  Second, we all have preferences - mine clearly bothers you.  You like the original games?  Great, I respect that, perhaps you should do the same?  Third, it wouldn’t hurt you if EA did this, let people want and enjoy things.  Have some understanding.  Not everyone likes the original games and not everyone likes Blackbox era NFS either.  Though majority of the fanbase does, and that’s why a Blackbox Collection on PS4 / PS5 would sell way more than the originals if re-released.  They are true modern classics whether you want to believe it or not.  I’m simply asking and making a suggestion, nothing more.  Not sure why this would bother you so much.

Message 6 of 8 (1,448 Views)

★★★★ Pro
@tsukuyomi-r The only so-called remaster racing game from EA was Burnout Paradise Remaster in 2018,and that was a disaster with bugs and save corruption,judging by how EA only focus on present and newer age,it's highly unlikely we can get a re-release or remaster of NFS titles at all.Burnout Remaster was launched years after Criterion was smashed to pieces and original crew was gone.(10 years to be exact)so if they dont do 10 years anniversary remaster(2015 is the closest UG style remaster work)Then maybe never,EA doesnt care much about series history or older fans,they just want a quick grab of players cash right now.That's why I dont have faith in real remaster of old games.
Message 7 of 8 (1,437 Views)

★ Guide

I understand that but that doesn’t mean it’s not

possible to do it right down the road.  I’m simply asking in advance, not begging or asking for it to be dropped anytime soon as I don’t have those expectations.  It can be done right, it’s just an idea that they could use for PS5, even if it’s at the end of PS5 generation.  It wouldn’t hurt anyone if they did this, and fans would lose their minds if they did - in a good way.  These games are special and dear to many, it would be nice when the time is right.  I know it’ll probably never happen but it really doesn’t hurt to ask / suggest.

Message 8 of 8 (1,426 Views)