Manipulation of car parts

by JBLanni

Original Post

Manipulation of car parts

★★★ Novice
I loved it in Need for Speed Carbon where you were able to manipulate the car parts the hood to fender the fin the wheels the exhaust all the bumpers and you were able to make it truly unique and different from someone else not these pre-existent Need for Speed bumpers which are great but I want that feature that I'm able to do it myself is it just me or does other people feel the same way because that's real customization
Message 1 of 6 (735 Views)

Re: Manipulation of car parts

★ Guide

Im sure all real Need For Speed fans would love seeing this being in the next game. But unfortunately the world has progressed and licensing has became a huge deal.

All big names that are in Need For Speed will probably not do that as it will hurt sales of said item. Sorry 

Message 2 of 6 (681 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

That makes no sense.  Putting your parts into video games is good advertising so why wouldn't they want them in the game in however they appear is beyond me.

Message 3 of 6 (659 Views)

Champion (Retired)
That was called Autosculpt. I doubt it will be in the game again as it was not in the last game. Ill be honest, I used the non Autosculpt body kits. I only used the autoscuplt ones in Prostreet but that was because you had to.
Message 4 of 6 (591 Views)

★ Guide

@JBLanni wrote:
not these pre-existent Need for Speed bumpers which are great but I want that feature that I'm able to do it myself

I think Autosculpt was great as well, but I think it's for the best that it was removed (At least for the bumpers and other body parts for the car) for two reasons:

-Aftermarket companies probably won't want their bumpers to have Autosculpt (Aside from the rims, as the aftermarket rims there had Autosculpt)

-Ghost could make their own fictional parts sculptable, but that would take a lot of effort (Maybe twice or 3x as much per part?) and I think it would be much better to have a bigger variety of bumpers than a small ammount of bumpers that can be slightly morphed.
-I think it would be strange if some parts in the same category were Autosculpt, but some were not.

As I said before, the rims are an OK exception, because in Prostreet, the aftermarket rims had Autosculpt.
However, I think that if rims do get Autosculpt in the new NFS game, the changes should happen through a few stages, not in percentages. I imagine that this would reduce effort required for each rim, and allow them to work on more instead of focusing so much on 1 part.
For example: Zone 1 would be the dish of the rim, with 4 stages. Stage 1 has no dish, and each stage makes the dish 1 inch deeper.

Message 5 of 6 (536 Views)

★ Apprentice

Not sure that is possible with this game. Think about it, all those high qualtiy textures, and how many you will need for every little autosculpt difference. In a modern game, the game size in GB would be huge... 

Message 6 of 6 (466 Views)