Re: Lost progress on need for speed payback

by YashwanRughooa

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

It's pretty dumb that there's no autosave or anything without exiting the game. Lost all my progress and premium shipment packs' loot I bought with speed points after a power surge. I can replay lost progress but I bet it'd be a pain trying to get them to restore shipment packs or speed points. PS4 here as well

Edit: After some research I've found that certain actions like initiating online multiplayer or changing settings then saving changes ( like subtitles on/off ) prompts the autosave/cloud save. I've heard also fast travel but it may be to specific locations only. Still inconvenient if you don't happen to do those certain actions during a session.

Message 11 of 21 (4,070 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Had the same problem twice. Lost about 24hrs game play altogether. Last time it happened I'd completed the highway heist, bought a lambo, kitted it up, raced it with a few friends in multiplayer, gone back to the campaign, done that long * race then switched it off. Come back next day and I was back at the beginning of highway heist! I deleted the game after that. Funny thing is I've still got the trophy you get for completing that step. (PS4 platform)
Message 12 of 21 (4,053 Views)

★★ Apprentice
Same here! I played for the 1st time the day before for around 3 hours, quit & backed up the save. This morning I get on, play for over 12 hours, getting to rep 17, finding many collectibles, knocking out 3 leagues, grinding for levelling up cars, etc. so I'm tired & I close the game, go to back up saves to PS+, along w/a usb stick & saw that the saves on the cloud & usb were both the same in timestamps! SO I cancel, load into game only to see that the game has set me back to one of the early missions, so I check my money, it's $90k and should be $700,000. Both of my derelict cars are gone, as several others that I had up over 200 level. I submitted a "phone me" support ticket & while they did call almost immediately, he advised me they are aware of the progress save problems & that they're "looking into it as we speak", but other than that, we're basically SoL. Apparently the game does not save while playing, only on closing or just what kind of design is this? Support rep also advised if I try to start over by deleting the game saves that this will disrupt normal shipments, along with other disappointments. Think I'll just save my frustration & pass on this mess. Looks like every 5th post on Payback forums involve losing progress. Another franchise-damaging disappointment for NFS. Sad.
Message 13 of 21 (3,941 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I have same problem  ....................waiting for ea to reply

Message 14 of 21 (3,826 Views)

★★ Novice
Same problem still presist . lost 8 hrs on progress and I am mad, such a good game but lack Autosaving Progress features. Pathetic really
Message 15 of 21 (3,804 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I lost 2 months progress, $2.1M in cash, 25 cars, 100+ hours in customizations, almost finished finding all hidden goodies and completed all derelicts SMH  it's making me  start over, BUT MY TROPHIES STILL SHOW, WTF, has anyone found a way to restore progress ?????

Message 16 of 21 (3,473 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I played for at least a month on PS4 then a problem with a different game forced me to factory reset my PS4. Ofcourse other games I could just continue where I left off because they had saved my data etc but I completely lost my NFS Payback saves. Pretty posed because I had every car in the game

Message 17 of 21 (3,367 Views)

★★★ Newbie

can i have my progress back?

Message 18 of 21 (2,865 Views)

★★★ Newbie

• @debruyne1771 wrote:

can i have my progress back?

Realt want the same answer because i deleted my need får speed and wonder of i can get everything back
Message 19 of 21 (2,679 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Molt3N585 I also had it for my brothers account on Xbox one
Message 20 of 21 (2,240 Views)