Re: Launching into black screen and no sound

by master2g

Original Post

Launching into black screen and no sound

★ Novice

I have tried for a while now to make the game actually work. Have tried uninstalling several times but no luck. The issue is when i start the game it just pops up in windowed mode with a black screen and nothing happens, the windows loading icon just keeps going on forever. When i press ALT+ENTER it swaps to fullscreen and i can see the NFS loading symbol in the bottom right corner for a second or two thne it dissapears again and never comes back. have tried repairing the game many times aswell. I do not have FRAPS on my PC so that isn't a problem then i tried blocking teamviewer and that didn't help either. played the game fine when it launched but now it hasn't worked for 2 months

Message 1 of 4 (533 Views)

★★ Pro

Hmmm, wel it is hard to pin point your exact problem with out your system specs . Plus i would have a look at what other system services are running in the back round. I have had it do the exact same thing to me on the very rare occasion but usually i just manually shut it down by going to alt control delete closing the game process then trying again and it works.

Message 2 of 4 (511 Views)

★ Novice

Is there a file i can upload with info about my system and why it isn't working?

Specs: GTX 1080-I5 6600K Skylake-16GB RAM

Message 3 of 4 (494 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Pro

@lol_du_suge

Well that bit of info there is good as it is higher then the minimum requirements so it should run the game with out major issues. What windows are you using ? Windows 7 or 10 ?. To me i would alt tab delete, click task manager then check services and processes , then go through the lists of running programs you have and see if something in the background is blocking you game from starting. Usually if my games wont start i begin with finding out whats running and if it may possibly be interfering with my start up. Then if i think something may not need to be running i thoroughly research it and If it is good to stop the process i do and see if the game launches then.  Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (459 Views)