Lag/Freezing game NFS payback

by cgzwolfman1984

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Lag/Freezing game NFS payback

★★★ Novice

Why on the xbox one s am i getting awful lag game stops suddenly but timer still counts down or the traffic AI cars freeze then all of a sudden jump into your path ea access payback trial

Message 1 of 34 (20,575 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Lag/Freezing game NFS payback

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice
Hello guys, I just want to share the things that worked for me; basically I had the same issue on PC, total freezes and unplayable game.
I downloaded the DX11 package from Microsoft.com (named DirectX June 2010 or something like that) and ran the .exe in the folder. What this does is completing the files of DirectX that you currently have on your PC. Windows 10 has DX12 preinstalled but NFS is not compatible with it, then you can have this kind of issues.
The second thing I did was underclocking my GPU with AfterBurner: -50Mhz on core and -100Mhz on memory . This brought some stability and I achieved 2 sessions of continuous gameplay 6 hours each, no errors at all.
If even these solutions still bring an error, search for something called TdrLevel in the registry (location can be found via Google), if it doesnt exist create a D_WORD key (32 bits) and set its value to 0 then reboot. Basically What this does is about the interaction between your OS and the GPU, testing if it's responding in 2s by default. Problem is when your card is busy with the game it does not respond To the system and gets reset, causing a crash.
My setup:
i5 3570k @4Ghz
GTX 680 Lightning 2GB
16GB DDR3
1080p Medium preset on NFS, 65FPS average, no drops at all.

Hope this can help you !
Best regards

View in thread

Message 28 of 34 (18,210 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@cgzwolfman1984

That sounds like a connectivity issue. Check the following link for connectivity troubleshooting steps:

http://www.help.ea.com/en-us/help/console/connection-troubleshooting-advanced-xbox

barry.png
Message 2 of 34 (20,535 Views)

★★ Novice
I am also running problems with nfs payback on pc. Specs i7-6700k gtx 1080 sli, getting 10 fps using sli but game dont freeze. While using single card, the game freezes so as the pc every single time. Any other game is fine.
Message 3 of 34 (20,374 Views)

Community Manager

@dyboy212

Can you post your Dxdiag so we can take a look please?

https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/pc/how-to-gather-dxdiag-information/

Thanks.

barry.png
Message 4 of 34 (20,333 Views)

★★ Novice

No problem, here it is. 

Message 5 of 34 (20,298 Views)

★★ Novice

Hello??

Message 6 of 34 (20,150 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Having the same problem. Game started out fine but is lagging terribly in the courier and shift lock series. Time clock keep going but the game freezes.
Message 7 of 34 (19,684 Views)

Community Manager

@dyboy212

Sorry for the late response. Can you try downloading the following driver set(I know it is old):

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/119914/en-us

Run that setup, choose custom install then deselect the optional 3D and GeForce Experience components and also select the Clean Install checkbox.

Let us know how that older driver works for you please and thanks.

barry.png
Message 8 of 34 (19,668 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
And for the Xbox? It's lagging at every next event....
Message 9 of 34 (19,656 Views)

★ Apprentice

This Driver is too old for the game. I thought you guys at EA would know that already? 
Game is totally unplayable, hard to enjoy with the ridiculous stuttering every now and then.  
Seriously considering getting a refund for the "Deluxe" version. 

Message 10 of 34 (19,505 Views)