Just finished the story. What now?

by Pro_Gressiff

Original Post

Just finished the story. What now?

★★★★★ Apprentice

Hi all,

just something on my mind. Maybe getting a conversation going with like minded or opposite minds.

I WANT to REALLY like this game! And i did like it throughout the story (yes, even the dank cheesyness! Standard smile ) but yesterday i finished the game and... staring at the map i try to find something to do but i always (yesterday and today)  feel like... "mehh". The UI is part of that.
It doesn't really do a good job at pulling me in even though i want to keep buying cars and customize them.

Minor tips aside
The UI is not my favorite... it feels like a cheap app from an i-phone or android Frown
The icons on the map are huge and when you get near one you get drawn to it. Zooming in and out would be better with the touch sensetive gamepad shoulder buttons.

I rather would have it all simplified looking (simple arrows and letters/numbers. You know... THE OLD DAYS where everything seemed to look more professional). The icons on the map are "bulky". A better filter would be great (for the seperate challenges a "specification filter" like, drift, race, drag, offroad. The ability to choose one of those instead of randomly doing them in a wrong spec car. It would make it more a part of the game instead of just being there when you pass it). 

Again, this is no rant. I liked the game but it felt short and i have a hard time finding something to do even with the majority of the game's cars still to unlock. 

Maybe it's just that winter mood going on in my head xD 
Anyway... have a nice weekend everybody.

Message 1 of 6 (422 Views)

Re: Just finished the story. What now?

★★★★★ Apprentice
*sidenote: Some GHOSTMANE tracks would be awesome in NFS games!
hint hint hint
Message 2 of 6 (408 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I was quite busy for a while completing every achievement in the game.

- Defeat all roaming racers

- Complete all activities

- Collect all chips

- Collect and max out all derelicts

And a whole bunch more achievements.

I've done all that now, so now I'm keeping myself busy with maxxing out cars I really like, and the ones that are really useful in multiplayer.

- BMW M5 (drift)

- Ford Mustang (derelict) -> (races)

- One of the other derelicts for offroad, beetle for instance is quite fun

Message 3 of 6 (401 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
The beetle for offroad was the first thing i did for Mac. Kept the front wheels stock and at the back big/wide rims. Awesome stuff that Standard smile
It does handle as it looks though... Like a pinball in a pinball machine xD
I did win all the offroad races with it so "yay".
I think it's going to be a better drag car and doing the super build with it (even though i prefer to customise the regular one for offroad).

Collecting the chips... I did the ones that were shown on the map by doing races and searching the derilict parts. So i only collect them when i come across one of them.
I skipped one of them that i couldn't get to for a later try. Not going to stress myself catching them :D

And yeah... the customizing is almost perfect and the best part of the game for me.
If only:
01: Add the option to adjust "tire size" and "width" of wheels/tires with sliders.
For instance;
- Have a smaller wheel size in the front BUT smaller tires too. The way it is now the tires look ugly big and fat with small rims (which works for "some" builds).
ALSO the width of the tire in the front being smaller.

02: The ability to adjust the back and front hight of the car seperately.

03: Better UI for Rims browsing (seperate sections per brand and number them).
Hopefully more rims will be added.

04: Small spoilers and little tails (MX5 has 2 of those tails)! like they follow the shape of the car nicely. Each car should have at least 2 of these :P

05: various number fonts

I don't ask much do i? :D :D
Message 4 of 6 (359 Views)

★ Apprentice

i havent even bought the game but how i wish i could have it but yeah nah i saw the ui on trailers or wherever i saw them doesnt matter the ui is annoying just annoyed me how it looked like a phone phones are annoying i wanted the game to have its own...vibe life.. not feel like a phone i want to play nfs payback not look at my phone or be reminded of my phone i want to be reminded of nfs payback the world of nfs payback not the world of my empty messageless phone lol but nah i love the game.. even though i dont have it but how i wish but nah i just say this to tell u i  feel u on the thing of the ui omg man why a phone look.. why not have their own look its what i fear with games just wanting to look like phones phones are generic all apps kinda look the same i dont want our games to go down the same path and take a generic ui look and stuff idk whats wrong with phones but ah i just dont like seeing it in nfs hahahah but its fine maybe theyll change the ui if they care .. that we care  Standard smile 

Message 5 of 6 (338 Views)

★ Guide

With that you won't have much fun in any Game Oops

Story,

Archievements,

Trying out different Cars,

Trying to get good times on Offline Tracks,

Tuning your favorite/most useful cars to max (399 + 3bonuses per card)

After things like that it's just doing Online Casual or Ranked Speedlist trying to beat the other ones, improving your Skills.

Message 6 of 6 (332 Views)