I paid the 2x price for the Deluxe Edition and don't get the new content!!

by HilllGaming

Original Post

Re: I paid the 2x price for the Deluxe Edition and don't get the new content!!

Champion (Retired)
I cant imagine them making much of a profit off two cars. These cars probably were not intended to be in the intial release of the game. I can guarantee it cost for than $2.50 a car to implement them in a game. After all, the update was free so they are offering free content, just the cars cost money.
Message 11 of 22 (592 Views)

★ Apprentice

Tbh i'd rather see some bigger expansions than silly car packs. It's great having more rides to choose from and all, but i'm seriously running out of things to do with this game other than beat autolog challenges and the few challenges that I haven't got 3 stars on. 

Message 12 of 22 (563 Views)

★ Guide

@master2g 

well i may not be able to prove it numbers, but i think about it logicly, there are plenty of threads with about 50 or more cars people want, none of them said they want those two cars, and i bet not many care about them now, so why spending time and money on implementing two cars no one asked for ? maybe they have some sponsor deals but still i don't really get it.

and even if they didn't made that huge profit out of that game, there are so many things they could have added to make more profit instead of two useless cars no one cares, just imagine a toyota dlc for 10bucks 3cars, i bet more people would buy that..

if they really would want to make profit with dlcs they have to add stuff people ask for or which has a point, like the speedcross dlc it's small but fun.. its X times more worth the price than these two cars.

Message 13 of 22 (546 Views)

★ Guide

Don't waste your time explaining realistic facts to some guys around here.

It's like explaining colors to a blind person. Most of them are watching "strong voices" on Youtube "EA game changers" who are paid by EA to spread the news they like to know and not the ones they need to know. I often said that ANY type of "new content" in most games are just cutted off pieces from the original game itself but of course I don't have the proof... for an obvious fact anyway. (some people are still looking for proofs about gravity existence you know... even if it's obvious)

Most gamers today are looking to get paid content to get a higher chance to win and that is a "pay to win" strategy that grow up as EA wanted to be.

If you look a bit closer EA is silent on most kind of this threads but they reply on most "technical problems" like "my game crashed, I have low fps" etc. 

This shows that they are reading ALL these "money" threads too but they only reply on questions that do not includes "money". :eahigh_file: 

Message 14 of 22 (541 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@M4tt_Macabrewrote:

Nah i'll be honest here, it's a pretty * move. The mini and lexus are trash, speedcross was a nice edition but very short lived, the free updates are cool yet slow.

Doesn't feel like there was much point to paying the extra for deluxe to start with :/ 

There's been this vague promise of extra story missions but we have literally heard nothing more about that.

Its actually an Infiniti Q60s and Mini JCW. Weren't bad cars, liked the Q60s the most. 

NFS ('15) had a good release of content, and the Eddie story expansion was done pretty good. The last race was quite challenging.

Guess i payed for Deluxe Edition when it was for $50 so i think it was worth it. It would be great to see content release like NFS 15 for free.

Message 15 of 22 (527 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@ln5aNeGuYwrote:

@master2g 

well i may not be able to prove it numbers, but i think about it logicly, there are plenty of threads with about 50 or more cars people want, none of them said they want those two cars, and i bet not many care about them now, so why spending time and money on implementing two cars no one asked for ? maybe they have some sponsor deals but still i don't really get it.

and even if they didn't made that huge profit out of that game, there are so many things they could have added to make more profit instead of two useless cars no one cares, just imagine a toyota dlc for 10bucks 3cars, i bet more people would buy that..

if they really would want to make profit with dlcs they have to add stuff people ask for or which has a point, like the speedcross dlc it's small but fun.. its X times more worth the price than these two cars.

Good look, i was hoping for an Eclipse, WRX, or R33. Many were asking for those 3 and i am not sure what they are doing exactly. They aren't very transparent about all this.

The Speedcross events were pretty fun and was definitely worth it compared to buying those new cars. I can't spend money on this game after buying the Deluxe version, so many other amazing games coming out. Need to keep that cash.

Message 16 of 22 (524 Views)

★★ Pro

@ln5aNeGuY

BTW no hate here from me , im just debating in a respectful manner differences of opinion , i know that is not what you are saying but i just wanted to get that out there first. I get the impression some don't understand that everything cost money and the Ghost team has to get paid to do these things we all want. I see the post asking for so many more cars and more of this and that. At this point i feel any more work that is done on the game has to be funded some how.  Maybe they could get some money via sponsors or in game product placement like you say. I have seen LG , Coke and Castrol thus far so if more product placement " pays the bills"  then there is an idea for sure.

Well for me the Trans Am and DB5 are awesome cars. Being a gear head I love both cars and their history. So getting them for me was a plus and not useless for me at all.

In short i would love to see a lot more DLC but at the same time I know it will cost them money to develop stuff. Its down to how do they generate the money fairly to cover the costs right.

Message 17 of 22 (502 Views)

★★ Pro

@Pair_Demons

"  Don't waste your time explaining realistic facts to some guys around here."

I find that also applies to those who don't want to look at the broader aspect of real world situations we have no factual idea about.

as·sump·tion

əˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/
noun
noun: assumption; plural noun: assumptions; noun: Assumption
  1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.
    "they made certain assumptions about the market"

Message 18 of 22 (497 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

@master2gwrote:

@Pair_Demons

"  Don't waste your time explaining realistic facts to some guys around here."

I find that also applies to those who don't want to look at the broader aspect of real world situations we have no factual idea about.

as·sump·tion

əˈsəm(p)SH(ə)n/
noun
noun: assumption; plural noun: assumptions; noun: Assumption
  1. a thing that is accepted as true or as certain to happen, without proof.
    "they made certain assumptions about the market"

Yeah sure, but you do not have truth and facts that show either. That oh EA loss profit or whatever so they are selling 2 virtual cars as dlc. That nothing is free and the Deluxe Ed showed that it only includes an upcoming expansion for DLC. I was 100% sure it said to include "Future content and expansion". You don't believe EA might have changed their ideas for all this? After all the bad mistakes they did, not for gamers, but themselves. Assumptions can be made if say a publisher shows signs of all this heavy microtransactions, RNG, and loot box systems. Literally was named one of the most hated companies in America. But i am not against Ghost Games, same thing happened to them as other EA-published games.

Message 19 of 22 (466 Views)

★★ Pro

I think you may be missing my point my friend. I never said my posts were facts. I trying to make clear to those here angry ranting they need to realize that there is a way bigger picture then just what they want to believe. So many slamming the game constantly. Much of it , NOT ALL , but much of it is bias opinion. They go off saying the Ghost is this and that and its all because they  are p8ssed off things are not they want them exactly. . Assumption by those people because not once have I seen in any of their posts a open minded constructive criticism that isn't full of childish hate. They did not get what they wanted so now everything sucks s kind of mentality..  I am not defending EA here at all. I haven't bought a game on release in a long time for a very good reason. Broken unfinished games being pushed out the door by EA have become way to common and Im tired of it as well. So i wait and see what the reviews are and how the game comes out on its release day. If by some miracle its awesome and garners positive reviews then I buy it if im interested at that point. I use my head and form my own opinions from research and fact finding and some good old common sense.

That leads me to what i have said before , so many see the hype on new games and run out and preorder and buy even though they are well aware of whats to come as per the norm from EA.

Then when it sucks they cry about it. I posted about that here as well. You are correct and saying it isn't Ghost Games because EA games funds this stuff and its their choice in the end because again they pay the bills. Ghost isn't funding Payback EA is and just like many of us here who need our jobs and have families and such we have to do what we are told with in reason in order to keep our jobs in world that isn't exactly full of perfect jobs. So again how do we know exactly what is happening over there in house. None of do and so why is it so hard to try and understand the bigger picture instead of just a single personal view that comes from nager and hate. Again Im not labeling every post here as this but you cant tell me the good ones out weight the bad ones .

Message 20 of 22 (453 Views)