I paid the 2x price for the Deluxe Edition and don't get the new content!!

by HilllGaming

Original Post

I paid the 2x price for the Deluxe Edition and don't get the new content!!

★★★★ Novice
I paid the 2x price for the deluxe i don't get the new contents? What is this? Why don't we (who paid more for the deluxe) get the new contents for free ( like the 2 new cars) it was a really bad idea from the ea to do this.
Message 1 of 22 (1,411 Views)

Re: I paid the 2x price for the Deluxe Edition and don't get the new content!!

★★★★★ Newbie
Same here. It is way too confusing to think that I can get the speedcross dlc for for free but not 2 cars.
Message 2 of 22 (1,376 Views)

★★ Pro

Whats so hard to understand ?  We got 2 cars and speed cross for free. That took time and money to do so. Dont go on about how EA is a rich company and all that * ether.They have to make money to spend money.  Look its simple , if you have 1,000, 000 dollars lets say and you just keep spending it to provide stuff with out getting money to put back into it then how long to you think that revenue stash is going to last. We got 2 cars at 4 or 5 dollars a piece from what i have read so that isn't a unfair price at all. How many man hours went into doing them ?. Back lash me all you want but I am getting really tired of no matter what Ghost does it is never enough and it wont ever be enough really for  many here. Its not a perfect game and EA has some sh*t practices but all these updates are progress that we could others wise not get at all. Anyways I am sure some will be telling me I am full of it so go ahead fill your boots. Im done. later. !!

Message 3 of 22 (1,350 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Dude, Ghost makes most of the decisions. EA might have had some influence in making people pay for this. NFS (15') had everything free, EVERYTHING.
Message 4 of 22 (1,301 Views)

★ Guide

@master2g you can't tell me that they are that short on money, the game costs 50+ bucks and if you paid 20bucks extra for getting like 10bucks extra content they still have 10bucks profit for not reason.

or compare it to speedcross update which includes a whole new game mode and 2 cars for 6,8 bucks ? and now only 2 cars for 5 ?

they also make even more profit while they don't have to sell physical copys anymore and you only have to download them.

and on the other hand do you think that while it seems these cars are not that great more of a collector thing that that many will buy them ?

also when you think oh they have to still make money after the game release.. this allowes them to cut things out of a game on purpose just to release them later and say oh look we made new content you can pay for.

while i'm not a collector i don't care that much, but if i would want them it would * me off too.

Message 5 of 22 (1,272 Views)

★ Apprentice

Nah i'll be honest here, it's a pretty * move. The mini and lexus are trash, speedcross was a nice edition but very short lived, the free updates are cool yet slow.

Doesn't feel like there was much point to paying the extra for deluxe to start with :/ 

There's been this vague promise of extra story missions but we have literally heard nothing more about that.

Message 6 of 22 (1,261 Views)

★★★ Novice
Maybe they gonna make on deluxe edition those 2 cars free after some time when they make new ones. Make profit from people buying them and then boom free for deluxe edition. :D
Message 7 of 22 (1,250 Views)

Champion (Retired)
2x the price? I only paid $20 more for the Deluxe.
Message 8 of 22 (1,242 Views)

★★★ Guide
I bought the deluxe edition on sale, which made it roughly the same price as the standard version. I feel like that was a good value, but if I had paid full price for the deluxe version I would feel the same way that you guys do.
Message 9 of 22 (1,235 Views)

★★ Pro

@ln5aNeGuY

Well if that is the case show me hard facts and numbers  , not assumption that they made enough profit off this game to warrant spending money of all this free stuff you guys want. 

Message 10 of 22 (1,218 Views)