Re: Hazard Company is IMPOSSIBLE!

by Darmzotte

Original Post

★★★★★ Novice

I'm kinda confused now. Derelict or Raptor?
VOTE NOW!

wwwstrawpoll.me/14533668 (add the dot after www)

Message 11 of 56 (3,629 Views)

★★ Apprentice
I beat them all pretty easy in the Bel Air (though the X6 was a pain) it was a good challenge in the end and my advice is to experiment with the dynamic tuning.
Message 12 of 56 (3,596 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Beat it with the Chevy pickup, underpowered by 20 points. Don't be afraid to lean on the NPCs during turns. God bless Flatout 2.

Definitely not impossible at all.

Message 13 of 56 (3,589 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree with the rubberbanding AI, the barely existing tuning options and everything, but I managed to beat them with my Porsche RSR 2.8, I basically never stopped drifting with it, which made controlling it a bit easier.

Message 14 of 56 (3,559 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
It's not a car issue. It's a driving skill issue. Post a video or clip of you racing and I can tell you what you're doing wrong.
Message 15 of 56 (3,547 Views)

★★ Guide

Oh ya, @a53ford I never used it once - sort of forgot all about that option.    (boots game to go look at it again)   lol

Message 16 of 56 (3,517 Views)

★★★ Newbie
So what do you do if your car is maxed out a 399 and they still beat you? I have had a lead big enough that the #2 car wasn't even on my radar, but then in the last two turns suddenly the whole pack is either right behind me or running into me. The race description says there is something fishy about Hazard Company. I just didn't realize until now that "The House is actually EA, and they are rigging everything in their favor.
Message 17 of 56 (3,274 Views)

★★★ Newbie
On a side note. Not long after I replied to this thread, I went and bought a Ford hatchback thing from the off road dealership. Took it through the race unmodified and came in last. Then I threw the level 11 catch up pack on it. Came in third. So while sitting at the quest marker with the Ford, I swapped it out for my maxed out VW Beatle. By the end of the first half of the first lap, I was in the lead. By the half way point of the second lap, Hazard Company was no longer on my radar. I didn't let up and pushed, but they never caught up. Maybe a glitch there to exploit?
Message 18 of 56 (3,254 Views)

★★★ Newbie

IM having the same problem now. Ive ALWAYS hated offroad racing in games because how offroad racing really is just does not work mechanics wise for coding in these games. Go ahead and tell me I'm wrong because I have actually raced offroad in cars before not atvs. This game has by far the worse handling of anything ive ever seen. I even turned this down to easy just to see if it would help with hazard company and nope, did NOTHING. ITs because of the games programing. its not the racer. The ai do not play by the same rules as we do. I watch ai take turns at 160 without drifting and not slowing down. Sorry that's not how it works.

Message 19 of 56 (3,214 Views)

★★★ Guide

Yes the AI in this game feels very amateurish. The people who programmed it clearly had no idea what they were doing as the rubber-banding seems to work exactly the opposite of how it does in most racing games. Normally the AI rubber-bands when you're in the lead in order to catch up to you and then eases up to give you a chance to reclaim your lead, whereas in this game the AI seems to slack off while you're in the lead and rubber-band if they manage to pass you. It's most noticeable in the first round of the Outlaw's Rush where the racer that is scripted to catch up to you about halfway through the race won't make much of an effort to pass you unless you open the door for him, but will pull away and become impossible to catch up with even by the best car in the game if you let him overtake.

However that's the one and only scenario I've encountered in the game that felt impossible to beat, one which doesn't even count really, since it's easily avoidable by not letting the racer pass you in the first place. The Hazard Company was easy to beat, both in the campaign and in free roam. I actually beat Holtzman three times in free roam, once with each protagonist. Off-road roaming racers are easy since they have weaker cars than the rest and drifting off-road takes little to no effort. The toughest roaming racer for me was probably De'Aaron, though I think that's mostly due to the track layout than anything else.

The most frustrating and difficult part of the game are easily Jessica's missions. Half of them revolve around escaping suicidal cops under a time limit. Yeah. Bad enough the hillbilly cops have zero regard for their lives or anyone else's and will gladly roll off a cliff with you at 240 M/h, but you have to take them on using the rubbish Runner cars which are basically just Race cars only heavier and with worse handling. Not only that but you have to do it under a strict (and apparently bugged) time limit, for some reason.

Message 20 of 56 (3,195 Views)