Future Content Update Ideas. (Please Read!!!)(2018 Update)

by Anxnimxs

Original Post

Future Content Update Ideas. (Please Read!!!)(2018 Update)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Dear Ghost,

(Edited) I've spent months collecting much needed content ideas from other users in the forums (i counted down the list from 49 and i am currently at 34). I did this in order to help the game out, too many people have been losing hope for the game over little things, so i made a list of everything that can (hopefully) please the nfs community:

Customization/Performance:

1. Customization Check-Out System.
  2. Remove Part Option. (Every Customizable Part.)
  3. Carbon Fiber Option. (Every Customizable Part.)
  4. Nitrous/Smoke Purge. (Vanity.)
  5. Neon Pattern. (Vanity.)
  6. Hydraulics. (Vanity.)
  7. Veilside. (Body Kit Parts.)
  8. Hoonigan. (Body Kit Parts.)
  9. BBS. (Wheel Customization.)
  10. Exclusive Junkman Performance Parts.
  11. Roll Cages. (Interior Customization.)
  12. Roof Spoilers. (Roof Customization.)
  13. Boost Gauges. (Interior Customization.)
  14. Konig Rims. (Wheel Customization.)
  15. Battle Aero Wings. (Spoiler Customization.)
  16. Steering Wheels. (Interior Customization.)
  17. Roof Racks. (Roof Customization.)
  18. Seats. (Interior Customization.)
  19. DOTZ Rims. (Wheel Customization.)
  20. Legend/League Pre-Set Wraps. (Wrap Editor.)
  21. Enkei Rims. (Wheel Customization.)
  22. Engine Customization.
  23. 5Zigen Rims. (Wheel Customization.)
  24. Colorable Neon Lights. (Headlight Customization.)
  25. Every Cars Max Performance 399+. (Performance.)
  26. Import Owned Wraps From Nfs 2015. (Wrap Editor.)
  27. RO_JA Rims. (Wheel Customization.)
  28. Track Width. (Wheel Customization.)
  29. Name And Search Options For Wraps. (Wrap Editor.)
  30. Redesigned Autosculpt. (Customization.)
  31. Lowenhart Rims. (Wheel Customization.)
  32. Runner Super Builds. (Customization.)
  33. Speedcross Super Builds. (Customization.)
  34. Convertible tops (Roof Customization.)
  35. chop tops (Roof Customization.)
  36. Colorable window tints (Window Customization.)
  37. Window Vents (Window Customization.)
  38. Trunk Vents (Trunk Customization.)
  39. Wrappable/Pre-wrapped Rim Dishes (Wrap Customization.)
  40. Unlimited Wrap Space. (Wrap Customization.)

Racing/Free Roam:

1. Pinkslip Races.
  2. Free Roam Cops.
  3. Pursuit Breakers.
  4. Drag Speedlists.
  5. Runner Speedlists.
  6. Speedcross Speedlists
  7. Tollbooth Races.
  8. Race Wars.
  9. Touge Races.
  10. Knockout Races.
  11. Tournament Races
  12. Race Editor System.

Casual Additions/Fixes:

1. Story Reset Option.
  2. Cockpit View.
  3. Hood View.
  4. Sending A Speed Card To Your Garage, Will Now Allow You To Equip It On Any Of Your Other Cars.
  5. Change The Engine Button Into An Air Suspension Button, Letting You Drive With The Suspension Lowered. (It Would Be Nice To See Scrape Affects As We Drive, But That Can Be Optional.)
  6. Add Cross Into The Game As a Fourth Character. (No Other NFS Games Really Did The Cop Side Justice, Plus It Would Be Nice To Be Able To Clean Up Corrupt Fortune Valley From The Other Side Of The Law.)
  7. Choose The Part Type, Brand, And Perk All On One Speed Card. (Costing At Least 3x More Tokens.)
  8. After Building A Derelict, The Specific Derelict Should Unlock, Playing The Dealership Unlock Cut Scene.
  9. Reintroduce EA Trax, Adding The Best Songs From The Older NFS Games.
  10. "Cosmetic Damage" "Performance Affected Damage" And "No Damage" Options.
  11. Arrest Cutscene When Busted.
  12. Undercover Cops/Disguised as racers.

DLC:

1. Optional buyable hotwheels dlc for people who enjoy the hotwheel crossovers. (direct some funds toward a charity of some sort)

Thank you to everyone who took their time to leave feedback on my list, allowing me build up the list day by day.

Message 1 of 29 (1,977 Views)

Re: Future Content Update Ideas (Please Read)(Edited)

★★★★ Novice
Especially,
3. Making EVERY cars max performance 399 or above!!!!!
Message 2 of 29 (1,928 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
No bro don’t make all the cars 399 just make it a fair race 100-200 200-299 300-399, how hard can that be
Message 3 of 29 (1,846 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice
Exactly! Every car at same 399lvl would be totally disaster for the game.. who wants to race agains ret**ded 399 beetle and regera huyayayaya and formula all over again... i dont want see this cars in any race at all... i have got enough of this bul**** already... 299 with 299 only all like that...
Message 4 of 29 (1,815 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@Anxnimxs wrote:

4. Add in some modern form of Autosculpt.

5. Add a cop (preferably Cross) in as a 4th character (It would be nice to play someone trying to clean things up on the other end of the law.)

11. Implement a race editor system.

14. Add Cockpit view.

17. Add Interior customization.

20. (Big Stretch) How about doing something a bit different, and adding Lowriders, it's the only “car class” that has never really been in NFS and you can win money by doing stuff like impressing crowds of people with Hydraulics. (Might not be the best fit for payback, but at least you can save that idea for the next game.)

I agree with your list and would love to see these implemented but unfortunately each of these I singled out are something that will never be added to Payback. They could be there for future installments but EA will never pay Ghost to put the hours in to crunch a autosculpt feature, a new car class, customization class or a new character to a game that is already not only launched but also heavily criticized. Others in the list are something more easier(cheaper) to implement and I truly wish to see them in this game.

When it comes to the future, well unfortunately I think EA will pull the plug on Ghost, like it has done many times previously on studios that have not made them enough money.  DICE is such a cash cow with Battlefield that the entire Battlefront 2 fiasco can be forgiven but Ghost only has the NFS franchise to offer, and with Payback it's reputation has taken a major hit, even though every criticized feature is 110% commissioned and ordered by EA. I would love to see Ghost get free hands to create the next installment as they see fit, but more probably somewhere around Q2-Q3 2018 EA will announce it's closure and it will be another 4 years before the next installment from the next studio is announced. I would love to be wrong about this.

Message 5 of 29 (1,809 Views)

★★★★★ Guide

How would lowriders be a separate class? how would they drive different than other cars? besides you can already lower the ride height and use air suspension

most of these other ideas are great

Message 6 of 29 (1,801 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
Add track width also
Message 7 of 29 (1,756 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Most Important Thing is Number 2, 6, 7, 14, 17, 21. And NFS 2015's Performance Turning System plese.....

Message 8 of 29 (1,669 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I agree with you but the system of speed card need to be removed, it literally ruin the game,it's so annoying an not fun ...so the best way to save this game should be replacing this horrible slot machine by a simple shop with car parts,like in the other nfs,and unlock the level of ALL the cars in the game, because it so sad to be forced to use the regera every time we want to play online and having a little luck to win a race and don't play with the one we really want,no regera, no win,and the fact there is no cops in free roam,how it was possible ? remember most wanted 2005 ? after nfs undergroud 2 it was the best nfs ever ;close to perfect in many aspect.this need for speed need more song too just like you said,i can't understand why this lack of different music in the game .

Message 9 of 29 (1,562 Views)

★★ Novice

5. Add a cop (preferably Cross) in as a 4th character (It would be nice to play someone trying to clean things up on the other end of the law.)

yes!  need to be able to play as a cop and drive high performance cop cars!  Just like on NFS Hot Purrsuit 2010!  That game had GREAT online play with multiple types of game modes.  Interceptor and Hot Pursuit modes were absolute blasts to play online.  Bring those back along with the car classes to ensure a more even playing field!!

Message 10 of 29 (1,536 Views)