Re: Fundamental things that need addressing

by coolfonix

Original Post

Fundamental things that need addressing

★★★ Novice

Spawning of traffic, other AI and the player:

• Lets start with the bigger problems (in my opinion), there should be an option to turn traffic spawning and AI spawning (2 seperate options) off completely after you achieved some kind of objective like 100% -ing the game or achieving the platinum trophy (on ps4 that is but it could be easily adapted to other platforms)
  • why? because the reason nfs survives more than 1 week of playtime for me and my friends is the competition, be it in online speedlists or achieving the fastest time on a SP race traffic and AI is both an annoying and, most of all, random factor in this game, most of the times the races aren't "who is fastest" but "who can survive traffic", traffic spawning at the apex of corners after the player infront of me confirmed that there was no traffic in and around the corner at all multiple times now and the insane spawn rate on the opposite roadway may be fun for some, but definitely not all which is why I want an option for it instead of forcing one of both
  • sometimes, although definitely a bug, the game spawns your vehicle orientated the wrong direction at the start of a race
  • respawns: basically "crash in a corner and the respawn will make you crash at least once more", the respawn positions need to be fixed apart from that after respawning there should be a no collision timer and also one for players driving the wrong way / afk-ing

Outrun and Police Chase limitation:

• I can't see a reason why outruns and police chases have to be bound to a fixed road with limited time
  • you could easily revert back to underground 2 and most wanted and implement outruns and pc's with no time or track restrictions, furthermore: you could add it to online mode which would hide the fact that there are so few tracks to race on

Different Online modes:

• with nfs 2015 brutally slaughtering nfs world you would expect at least some aspects of the game implemented, sadly there are no races for specific classes online (like LV 100-200, 200-300, 300-400) and even though we already have the preset track police chase in singleplayer the game won't let us enjoy team escapes either
  • make all classes available online, it would be a great addition to be able to drive the outrun, drag and drift classes online aswell, also, what about multi-class, racing an offroader with your racer on seperate but close to one another roads would also be greatly appretiated by us
  • talking of no collision, what about an alternative no collision mode for online races or a "burnout" mode in which every player gets a health bar (like the cops in police chases)

Online collision detection:

• I had following conversation countless times:
  • "Dude, you knocked me over!"
  • "What?! I didn't even touch you, there was like a truck-length of space between us"
  • I'll make it short: it's simply annoying

Speedcards:

• there is an x6 limit on the speedcard boost, however you can achieve an x8 boost e.g. on acceleration by using 6 "chidori" parts each with acceleration boost, I do understand it is not meant to be possibly for nitrous, jump and brakes, but it would only be reasonable for speed and acceleration
  • combining cards with a certain chance to keep boosts of either to achieve specific combinations of boosts (I've spent more than 3000 tokens for spins on a single car and still don't have the part I was hoping for)

Speedwall:

• display global records, so far you can only compete with friends and the few persons who get recommended
  • very often record times won't get saved for races

thats all I got so far, will make sure to add more once i stumble upon them

Message 1 of 4 (381 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This is a great list, I would only add one thing on this.

- Map Legend
At the moment you are able to choose different tabs on map view (events, derelicts etc.) which is a decent start but I would like to see a feature that has been available for years on other sandbox style games, where you can choose the type of blips you want to see on your map. Let's say I want to level up another grip car, I would like to at least have the map only show grip events and ideally choose the events I want to be shown on the map. 

I understand that if you have this option you will be able to see how small the actual amount of races for each individual discipline is. For example there is only 17 different races for Grip and only two of them are time trials, which is a particular favorite type of mine. But I would still like to see only the events I plan on doing in my futile quest to leveling up each car I own without the ability to show them off to my friends or drive around with them.

I mean if you devs are really reading this feedback and plan on implementing changes then OP's post is a great shortlist to start on, and if you have time and/or interest left I would like to have my customizable map and more time trial events please, because the AI doesn't provide any actual challenge in it's classic rubberband form. When you race against clock you actually have to push each time to be better.

These are things that really should had been there on launch day. It's quite astonishing that us players have to suggest these things to be implemented to a product from a behemoth publisher like EA and accomplished dev team like Ghost. 

Message 2 of 4 (370 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

1. NO TRAFFIC IN ONLINE MODE, it's already too much crowd with 8 players.

2. Why you can't see the best speedwalls times ???!!!!! i would like to see how far i'm behind best players.

Those two things would make me happy, so little to do.....

Message 3 of 4 (285 Views)

★★★★ Novice

wow, just playing and the traffic is much smaller, not that annoyed anymoreStandard smile

Message 4 of 4 (228 Views)