Re: False Advertising - The Missing Cars Conundrum

by Darmzotte

Original Post

False Advertising - The Missing Cars Conundrum

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Apparently it takes a massive surge of public opinion to make EA do the right thing for anything.

The bottom line: You advertised a car list that never made it in it's entirety to the game. When pressed, you said it was coming in an update. That content update happened and none of the missing cars were added.

Normally something like this is easy to get away with, but when you advertise a car list, and drop prominent cars in the automotive world like the Mazda RX7 Spirit R (and everything else that's missing), people are going to take notice when you don't follow through.

Not only were they advertised, they already appear ingame. Whether this is through loading screens, NPCs during races, roaming racers, cutscenes and advertisement material for the game, there is obviously a place in the files for them that sports enough content for them to already appear this way.

It has been well over an entire month. If you actually put your minds together into fixing this and taking this issue as serious as it is, it would have been fixed within the first week, let alone the first content update. So your official claim that "they will be coming in the next update" was not only hot air, but another ding in the trust we have in a company that already doesn't deserve much. Seriously, if you took your PR to heart at all you would be all over this relatively small task rather than letting it fester. This is already one of the most googled topics for the game.

Most people here are already done with the story. Some, the game. 

The next concern is that you are going to do something unreasonable and make the cars free in the dealership, which is going to upset the game balance, or worse, release it as "free DLC". Hopefully with Battlefront 2 your publisher has learned that gamers take notice when companies take advantage of folks like that under the guise of positive intentions.

I do not care that there are numerous threads asking where the cars are. This thread is letting you know that there is a significant problem that doesn't even seem to be taken seriously, let alone being solved. 

It has reached the point where if something isn't done now, people are going to realize that you announced - no, advertised - content that wasn't actually in the game and add another ding to EA's problems in 2017.

Message 1 of 17 (1,396 Views)

★★ Guide

I cannot disagree with you.  It is very obvious they put the cart in front of the horse.  Hopefully, it has been a hot topic at the morning meetings and will get a quick resolution.

Message 2 of 17 (1,361 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
They will be added in an update. They were left out cause they were buggy. Would you rather them put them in the game broken or add them later fixed and working.
Message 3 of 17 (1,340 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

"They will be added in an update"

This was said well before the significant content update that we already got. I believe the term "soon" was also used. It has been well over a month. There is clearly no rush to get this done and the lack of them is relatively significant. They already exist in game to the point of being used by NPCs. They've had more than enough time to fix this issue since these cars have been drivable in the previous NFS game that uses similar mechanics.

This defense doesn't apply anymore, the time period where "they are coming soon" could apply has long past, considering this is the kind of fix that would happen soon after release. It matters a heck of a lot more when you consider the fact that this is something meant to - and advertised as - in the game at launch that wasn't.

Message 4 of 17 (1,314 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
The problem is there are a lot of things people want done. They want cops on free roam, multiplayer free roam, track width, rake, these cars in the game, they wanted more money and rep, steering wheel controls, and more cutomization. The "it will be added in an update" does hold grounds considering the amount of things people want done. People are so desperate for these cars they are not considering what might be going on with them. There are bugs that need to be sorted out. They are not a big studio so it takes longer to push out patches and what not. Being inpatient wont get things done any faster. They will add the cars.
Message 5 of 17 (1,270 Views)

★ Apprentice

Many cars are missing, The two Volvos, The E30, The rx7 and many other cars. but they are all bugged because of the air suspension. do your research before you put up a forum.

Message 6 of 17 (1,253 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'd rather have them release a finished, unbroken game.

Message 7 of 17 (1,229 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

I'd rather have content advertised for launch come at launch (or at least the first content update) instead of not having the issue be addressed at all. The content update being referred to as "it's coming in the upcoming update" has already been said and done, and that update has come so long ago that there's no rush to push the hotfix that would add these cars back into the game. We aren't talking about adding cars people want. All things considered, these cars are in the game already, the players do not have access to them but can race NPCs who are driving them. This isn't a "we want you to add this". This is a "these are here already, we just can't access them."

--

Yeah - I've done my research. Nothing that hasn't already been acknowledged in the thread, so you don't need to get short with me. If I have to write articles galore for the PR team to take notice (you and I both know that's a prime motivator) I will write more about this. My issue is that at the moment there is no conclusive statement on when they are coming - the only one we have had has already fallen through as the "next update" has already passed. My biggest hope for the sake of the game is that they finally make this a priority.

Message 8 of 17 (1,180 Views)

Champion (Retired)

There are parts of the progression update that has not been released yet. It says that in the article about it. No matter how much you talk about, it does not change the pace that these updates will come out. 

Message 9 of 17 (1,145 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Not going to disagree with you there. 

Message 10 of 17 (1,118 Views)