Re: DIRECTX 11

by DiamondAssassin2

Original Post

DIRECTX 11

★★★ Novice

I have the last update for Windows 10 and I can not play 'Need for Speed' because DirectX 12 is installed !! ??

Is there a possibility to install DirectX 11 next to DX 12 ??

I have preordered the game and now I can not play it ....

Message 1 of 5 (2,252 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I've also have direct x problem I cant even start the game for a single time. I tried the latest Nvidia driver and tried this one but both did not work.

Message 2 of 5 (2,178 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can directx11 be installed with directa 12? NFS Payback does not support direct 12. This is a big problem

Message 3 of 5 (2,089 Views)

★★ Novice

Found a fix for the error myself. Basically everytime i run the game when it gets to the 3D part of it game goes black and there's a directx error.

What i did to fix it in my case was:

1. Go here: C:\Users\Your Username\Documents\Need for Speed(TM) Payback\settings

2. Open PROFILEOPTIONS_profile with Notepad

3. Hit Ctrl+F and write postprocess

4. It will look something like this "GstRender.PostProcessQuality 3" , change it to "GstRender.PostProcessQuality 2" (Don't put space after the number, just correct it)

5. Hit Ctrl+S and close it

6. When you enter ingame(hopefully it didn't crash this time) go to the video settings, put it on custom and maxout everything except Post Processing, leave that at High.

The conclusion for my case was the PostProcessing quality set at ultra crashes the game with the DX Error.

P.S I'm using a GTX 1080

Message 4 of 5 (2,049 Views)
Highlighted

★★★ Newbie

I dont have this lane

Message 5 of 5 (2,013 Views)