Constant crashing to desktop during the first heist mission

by wootra

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Constant crashing to desktop during the first heist mission

★★★★★ Novice

I tried to do the mission 6 times so far, the farthest i got was the second stage because it keeps crashing for no apparent reason.

There is no specific point at which it crashes, it can happen during intro cutscene, in the middle of the heist...

I have nothing overclocked and updated to the latest version of windows and GPU drivers.

I've attached my DxDiag and couple of crash dumps.

Message 1 of 3 (421 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Constant crashing to desktop during the first heist mission

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

The OC button is probably the one i have on the motherboard (AX370-Gaming K7), but i haven't touched that one since i got the motherboard.

In any case, it turns out that latest AMD drivers 17.11.1 are a clusterfluck and would actually crash any game i was playing, so i had to roll back to the ones released in July (17.7.2).

So yeah, if anyone else has an AMD card and game(s) keep crashing, try the 17.7.2 WHQL drivers.

Sorry for not reporting back.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (423 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

@wootra

Are you sure that none of your hardware is factory overclocked? there is a reference to an OC Button in your Dxdiag.

Can you run System File Checker to help make sure your Windows System files are functioning correctly:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929833

barry.png
Message 2 of 3 (392 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry

The OC button is probably the one i have on the motherboard (AX370-Gaming K7), but i haven't touched that one since i got the motherboard.

In any case, it turns out that latest AMD drivers 17.11.1 are a clusterfluck and would actually crash any game i was playing, so i had to roll back to the ones released in July (17.7.2).

So yeah, if anyone else has an AMD card and game(s) keep crashing, try the 17.7.2 WHQL drivers.

Sorry for not reporting back.

Message 3 of 3 (424 Views)