Re: CD for installation only or every time i play

by ssshex

Original Post

CD for installation only or every time i play

★★★ Newbie

i Was wondering if i bought the cd version of the game is the cd for installation only or do i need it every time i play? Also is there a product code as well if you dont have an optical drive to insert disk?

Message 1 of 7 (664 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)
Are you talking about for PC or console? PC will probably be a product code, no disc. If you have the download version of the game for console, it will be the same thing. For hard copy (disc version) it will need to be downloaded on the console and you have to put the disc in to play. You will also have product codes for the pre order bonuses as well.
Message 2 of 7 (656 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Ya im talking about PC but when you say probably that dosent assure me 

Message 3 of 7 (651 Views)

Champion (Retired)

They do not make had copy discs for PC anymore. It is all  download now.

Message 4 of 7 (636 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@ahmedalghassani https://www.ea.com/games/need-for-speed/need-for-speed-payback/buy I was wrong. Looks like theres a PC and PC download. The PC download is on Origin which is just a download that starts when the game gets released. I thought they did not do hard copy PC games anymore. When it comes to modern PC games with a disc you download the game from the disc and do not need the disc anymore but, you cant sell it because it comes with a one time product code. once you use that code, that disc is useless.

Message 5 of 7 (632 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
Sorry if I am hijacking this thread...

Can you install it on multiple PCs but only play on one install at a time?

BACKGROUND FOR THIS NOOB: [The last NFS I played was the 2005 "Most Wanted" and the only game I've played inbetween is "Diablo3". D3 is always online so you can install the client on any PC but only log in once per account.]
Message 6 of 7 (487 Views)

★ Guide
You only need to install the game and register using CD key from the case. If you have no optical drive just insert the CD key in Origin app. using "redeem product code" function.
Message 7 of 7 (455 Views)