blackridge rivals

by richieluv76

Original Post

Re: blackridge rivals

★ Guide

@HeretikJirka @richieluv76 @TheRealJony ... GENIUS... the 'Tap n Hold' technique works like a charm! Takes a bit of getting used to like you said, but when you get the hang of it, it's a winner.

Just this tip alone has eliminated a whole lot of frustration for me. Thanks for the heads-up. Hugely appreciated.

Message 81 of 312 (2,248 Views)

★ Guide

@richieluv76 @HeretikJirka @TheRealJony  Some quick feedback from my side regarding your 'Tap n Hold' start technique...

Thanks to you guys, I finally cracked through 4200 and into the top 200 (136 place to be precise)!

Having way more perfect starts than slow starts now, sure has a significant impact on race results and overall progress in BRR. However, now that I have starts sorted, I can see I need to really work on my racing technique. After reaching 4245 SP, I thought I was on a roll and invested 120 gold in another 10 races and was quickly humbled and brought back down to earth... Got knocked right back down to 4136 and had to work my way back up to 4199 where I am now. What a waste of gold, but a worthy lesson.

Even with my perfect starts and racing against other CCX ghosts (no chance against LeF unless they make a big mistake), I am still being smoked in the last half of the race. I can't imagine too many CCX's have a higher PR than mine (1020) because that would require at least 1 set of 16 scanners (and I've only managed to collect 8 of each so far). So, when I've had a good start and I'm ahead of my CCX ghost, a win should be a slam-dunk. But, they're winning in the last few seconds... either because my technique sucks, or the recorded race had a different nitro band layout / traffic / roadblock setup, or the game algo's for car behavior change as your SP increases???

I've stopped drifting as much as I used to on tight corners to tighten up my line and maintain speed, which has made a difference. I'm also getting a tiny bit better at avoiding EMP (or whatever they're called), but these are still virtually impossible to avoid when you're airborn most of the time. Most of the time, I have a fairly smooth race, but still lose more often than I should against CCX's that probably have the same PR or lower.

If my technique is to blame here (which is probably more likely than other scenarios), then it probably has something to do with WHEN you hit the NOS. I suspect that my ghost opponents are waiting longer to charge up their NOS than me, giving them an extended burst of speed, rather than lots of small bursts, which is what I'm doing.That said, when I do hold off on the NOS, if my ghostie is ahead of me, I never gain on them.

Any thoughts team?

Message 82 of 312 (2,204 Views)

★ Guide
Best advice...max out the LaFerrari! The CCX is only good if U are racing a long course with little to no turning or a Nitro race...LaF had a faster acceleration which, in my opinion, is more important on races less than 25 secs...which most are...some are even less than 20 secs! With regards to all this arguing about handling and that, the cars are faster and there's not as many lines around multiple obstacles so if u can't remember the layout of the roadblocks and the traffic you'll never be able to win 5-10 races in a row and the ramps need to be avoided unless impossible! Finally, the tourneys only reward those who buy the most tickets and I'm ok with having to win a whack of races with no losses in order to be on top...biggest thing that pissed me off was the crashes and the cheaters and both don't seem to be an issue anymore...would like to start a new season though!
Message 83 of 312 (2,189 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Another hacker driving a black CCX is near the top of the leaderboard...the race started and I blew out of the gate and he didn't move...just flicking side to side behind me and then when I finished the race I lost by 20 secs! It's all Russian lettering...he was at 4250 when he "beat" me! Seems like more hackers were deleted today too which pisses me off cause I'm always dumping gold for tickets once I fall out of the top 25 by losing to them! A certain guy on the top of the leaderboard has continuous Nitro as well! EA need to get rid of all this bs before the seasons start!

Message 84 of 312 (2,159 Views)

[ Edited ]

@scottfollett Please do not publicly name people that are cheating in Answer HQ.

Now as for the other replies here, I'll reply to them later as it's pretty late here at the time of my posting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 85 of 312 (2,149 Views)

★ Guide
Why not though? Seriously, why not?!?
Message 86 of 312 (2,117 Views)

@scottfollett wrote:
Why not though? Seriously, why not?!?

@scottfollett Naming and shaming is not allowed in Answer HQ.

Taken from Other Applicable Rules of Conduct section in User Rules & Guidelines tab:

7. Naming and Shaming — Naming and shaming is not permitted on Answers HQ. This is in regard to those you believe may be cheating in any of the games. EA will remove any references of this type. If you would like to report information regarding those who may be cheating, you can contact an EA Advisor. Do NOT post the information to Answers HQ.

Link: http://answers.ea.com/t5/help/faqpage

The reason is there may be false accusations from people to ban players that don't use cheats at all.

I'm already more than sure I gotten reported from having such a high SP score in Blackridge Rivals and my account is completely clean. If my account got banned for playing the game how it's supposed to be played, then I would probably forget about everything related to No Limits (the game itself and NFS No Limits Answer HQ) and move on with my life.

For the other replies here, I think I'll reply them later today when I'm more awake.

IMO, it's better for me to make a reply when I'm fully awake than reply when I'm sleepy and possibly make some mistakes in the process.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

Message 87 of 312 (2,092 Views)

[ Edited ]

I'm still being talked about over at NFS No Limits reddit. lol

People over there are thinking that I used exploits to get the amount of SP I have now, but all I did was play the game how it's supposed to be played.

What's the point of playing if you're going to use cheats, bugs, or exploits to win...? Not only would that be ruining other peoples' fun, but it'll be really boring.

Link 1: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfsnolimits/comments/58cvve/some_guys_are_just_so_pro_even_time_flows_slowe...

Link 2: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfsnolimits/comments/58sa8e/classic_crate_deluxe/d949p52/?context=3

Link 3: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfsnolimits/comments/58sa8e/classic_crate_deluxe/d95kh7c/

I know people from NFS No Limits reddit are lurking here now, so I'll just say "hi people from reddit". Standard smile

Welcome to NFS No Limits Answer HQ.

@jin1995 wrote:

I almost had jony in a race, he plays pretty average i lost by a bit due to hitting an edge which bought me to a halt, plus esf's but even he had a hard time in that race. So definitely no super human, though theres is a possibility of him managing to win as much as possible initially, and taking lead at the right time , since he isn't banned yet.

If you hit anything during the race, then it would be your fault.

I collided so many things in races before and I know it's my fault for not dodging them.

I'm human too, like everyone else that plays No Limits. I sometimes make mistakes as well.

I'm not a bot (or super human for that matter).

I didn't know that I would be such an infamous topic over at NFS No Limits reddit, so I didn't take any screenshots of me winning against anyone. But I'll take screenshots from now on.

By the way, I raced him before (won the race as well) and he was pretty average.

This is for everyone.

Below are three screenshots of some of my fastest times.

The first one is Air Volt Sprint: Track was Ironboar Bridge Chase and it was during the night

The second one is Slingshot Sprint: Track was Blackridge Channel Run and it was during the night

The third one is Elevator Sprint: Track was Ironboar Bridge Chase and it was during the night

@vipucho wrote:

@WildeKnight07 I apologize in advance already jony, but i dont think you're a real player, you might be using some outsourced hack to play EA and be on top. As you say your line 'I am not affiliated with EA....lalala', maybe you are from EA and having fun with all the benefits. I might be wrong but this is my opinion, totally.

@vipucho I've been waiting for some cheating accusations thrown at me. Large smile

Ah yes.

You're accusing me of using third-party programs to win Blackridge Rivals races and be #1 on the leaderboard.

Now let me ask you this.

Do you really think EA_Tom and EA_Barry would let me become a Champion or even a Hero if they were suspicious of me cheating?

They know me well enough to believe I play by the rules and they trust me with the Champion and Hero statuses.

If you don't believe that I'm not affiliated with EA, then that's your problem.

And this is not an opinion. This is an accusation.

An opinion is a view or judgment about something while an accusation is a claim that someone is doing something illegal or wrong.

Here's what you need to do:

Improve.

That's all you got to do.

Improve on your driving and you may be able to reach the Top 200 on the Blackridge Rivals leaderboard.

@HeretikJirka wrote:

@TheRealJony wow, only a week or two ago your LaFerrari was just over 900, and now it has half of black parts, good job!

Thanks!

@richieluv76 wrote:

i think part of the problem with BRR is there are multiple variants of the same course and you are not always racing like for like, i've had races where i've had a clear road and the ghost has spun out, equally i've had races where i've had tons of obstacles to avoid yet the ghost has gone straight through, so how is this even fair, it is fundamentally flawed

@richieluv76 There are multiple variants of the same track, but you and your ghost opponent do face the same stuff that's thrown at you guys.

If there's a police roadblock, you and the ghost opponent both have to dodge the roadblock.

If there's traffic, you and the ghost opponent both have to dodge the traffic car.

For example, a race name called "Elevator Sprint" has ramps and traffic cars. It takes place on Ironboar Bridge Chase at night.

The track has ramps all over the place. Both you and the ghost opponent jump off the ramps if you guys choose to take them.

If you had a clear road and your ghost opponent had spun out, then your ghost opponent REALLY spun out on a clear road.

If you had tons of stuff to dodge and your ghost opponent had went straight through them, then your ghost opponent must had been traveling at a high speed and dropped some speed upon impact. However, your ghost opponent was still able to continue racing. (From 440 km/h to 380 km/h as an example)

@HeretikJirka wrote:

Similarly, 3-5 points is about as low as it can get, I suppose.

@HeretikJirka Winning no points and losing no points are about as low as it can get. lol

Before I reached the top of the leaderboard, I got match-maked to race against a cheater with 700 points more than me.

I obviously lost the race, but I lost no points from the race. I only lost a Rivals ticket.

Now, I get no points from winning against real player ghost opponents. I only could get points from winning against AI ghost opponents after winning three races against real player ghost opponents.

@WildeKnight07 wrote:

@richieluv76 @HeretikJirka @TheRealJony  Some quick feedback from my side regarding your 'Tap n Hold' start technique...

Thanks to you guys, I finally cracked through 4200 and into the top 200 (136 place to be precise)!

@WildeKnight07 Nice!

Keep it up! (Even though I'm way too late lol)

@WildeKnight07 wrote:

Even with my perfect starts and racing against other CCX ghosts (no chance against LeF unless they make a big mistake), I am still being smoked in the last half of the race. I can't imagine too many CCX's have a higher PR than mine (1020) because that would require at least 1 set of 16 scanners (and I've only managed to collect 8 of each so far). So, when I've had a good start and I'm ahead of my CCX ghost, a win should be a slam-dunk. But, they're winning in the last few seconds... either because my technique sucks, or the recorded race had a different nitro band layout / traffic / roadblock setup, or the game algo's for car behavior change as your SP increases???

I've stopped drifting as much as I used to on tight corners to tighten up my line and maintain speed, which has made a difference. I'm also getting a tiny bit better at avoiding EMP (or whatever they're called), but these are still virtually impossible to avoid when you're airborn most of the time. Most of the time, I have a fairly smooth race, but still lose more often than I should against CCX's that probably have the same PR or lower.

If my technique is to blame here (which is probably more likely than other scenarios), then it probably has something to do with WHEN you hit the NOS. I suspect that my ghost opponents are waiting longer to charge up their NOS than me, giving them an extended burst of speed, rather than lots of small bursts, which is what I'm doing.That said, when I do hold off on the NOS, if my ghostie is ahead of me, I never gain on them.

Any thoughts team?

Your technique needs some changes.

All I'll say is use Nitrous strategically.

It's not a good idea to continuously spam Nitrous throughout the whole race because you won't be able to get the most of your nitrous when you need it most. 

It's also not a good idea to wait for Nitrous to be maxed and then use it because you may miss the spots on a track when nitrous usage is beneficial.

Use nitrous on parts of a track where you feel you will gain the most benefit from it.

I'll give you this tip though.

Do NOT use Nitrous while in the air.

Not only is it a waste of Nitrous, but it could possibly change a win to a loss.

Need For Speed helper

Message 88 of 312 (2,022 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Ok jony boy, lets clear a few things ,

1) You are not mentioned much on reddit , just 3-6 comments over a period of a week is pretty normal, since most people haven't faced as much ai as you faced. and some of them don't even know about the ai, . You got the 400 point lead with your 972pr laf back when people were just starting to enter 4k's , they will definitely be curious as to how one can be so consistent,and on reading this thread they come to know you did it with a 972pr laf.

Plus people here have been mentioning you and saying you had a 900pr laf until very recent, on top of it you are vip one,who upgraded his laf so late . People do get more skeptical after reading older posts on this thread. That being said in my last comment i pretty much gave some credit to you implicitly when i said 'took the lead at the right time'.

2) When we mentioned exploited, we meant, you took the lead at the right time, and then beat ai consistently after x races, to get a great lead.not some 3rd party hack or file edit!

3) Good times, i have had similar times tooo, but you got me in the first race ! Great time buddy!

4) Congrats on beating me, Tongue out i reached ICON 3-4 days back , touching 6th place, taking a little break from the game, i look to race your best times when i continue with rivals. Too bad the game doesn't always give your best times to people. XD

5) I know its my mistake to collide, no place did i deny that, and well superhuman was just an exaggeration, and not calling you one was in your favor, implying you are a real genuine player, and not as consistent as we thought Tongue out . I see you struggling between 5.08-5.2k since few days, which tells me you don't get as much ai now as you did earlier?

6) What i and kananX said recently was simply that you'd not have had as much of a lead as you had earlier, if it weren't for the x number of ai races you played, i've just played 2. That too in the 3900s and its no biggie to win that way.

Btw what's the cap of losing? Like winning has a 60sp cap.
are you a tilt or a touch player? Do you have any idea about the preseason rewards?

P.S: When you read reddit you might as well reply there,it's pretty rude of you to reply here, I wasn't aware of this page until someone sent it to me since you mentioned me. I could have posted this there, but i find it unnecessary to talk that way.
You don't even have a thread posted about you there so stop thinking you're infamous over reddit, Since IT IS YOU who has the time to read so many comments and point out exact ones which talk about you and provide links as well!. i 've already explained why a few think you are cheating.

There have been so many hackers in the game some tuners some nitro hackers, most people don't know your credentials here or anything about you and they got every reason to think you can potentially be a hacker, so just 'Get over it' mate. No point in going "aww 'xyz ' on 'abc thread' said i am a cheating, now i will make a post on my rivals thread and say i beat them! "
C'mon everyone beats everyone,you are a good racer and when you know you are genuine you need not do all this, you could've simply made a comment on the reddit post which you linked here  with efforts that "so and so is the case when you reach the top at the right time and thus are the sp discrepancies "
Matter ends there! xD

Message 89 of 312 (1,995 Views)

★★★★ Novice

As you might have seen in the comments, we were mentioning that there is something suspicious that only one guy has 5.2k SP while others stay at 4.4k. The SP score should be more closer, since we're all humans..we're not blind and can see the name of the players on top so of course we mentioned them.

Regarding the way you got the SP...I'm pretty much sure the AI oponents had a role. FYI, people at 4.3k-4.4k never get AI to play against...won 8-10 races in a row, never seen an AI, got 4-6SP from each race then lost 1 race -52 SP...that's how life is at 4.4k. Now idk, how it is for you, but as I've seen in your comment here, you meet an AI that rewards a big chunk of SP every 3 wins..so that's pretty obvious why it's such a big difference between you and 2nd place.

I'm not taking your credit for being on 1st place, you must be a good racer to maintain there, but you have to admit it's the game design (that gives you AI to race because the other players are too far behind) that allowed you such a feat.

I got the feeling this will be different in the future, maybe when the actual BRR season starts, and we'll see a more balanced score Standard smile

If anyone wants to talk with me, I'm more active on reddit, but since I've been mentioned here, I feel that I had to answer.

Message 90 of 312 (1,951 Views)