blackridge rivals

by richieluv76

Original Post

Re: blackridge rivals

[ Edited ]

Well, I take back what I said about Blackridge Rivals.

It totally sucks.

I have two reasons why it sucks:

1. Match-making is broken. - People get match-maked with an opponent with a much lower SP than them, meaning they gain so little SP if they win and they lose so much SP if they lose.

Absolutely ridiculous. (The least amount of points I won was 3 points and the biggest amount of points I lost was 55 points.)

2. The game penalizes people if the game crashes on them. 

How Blackridge Rivals could be better:

1. People get match-maked with opponents that have almost as much SP as them to make things even.  

2. The game should allow people to choose who they want to race with. For example, the game picks a set of opponents at random and people can have the option to choose who they want to race with. 

3. The game distinguishes between a game crash and a retire for incomplete races.

4. Different Blackridge Rivals classes - Street class, Classic Sports class, Muscle class, Sports class, Super car class, and Hyper car class.

People can mostly drive what they want in each class instead of being restricted to drive only the fastest cars in the game. (But people may still need to drive the fastest cars in each class though)

I said earlier that I would like Multiplayer races in No Limits. Now, I take that back too.

After playing Blackridge Rivals races a lot, I would say Multiplayer races in No Limits would just be a mess.

Everyone would just be driving the fastest cars (for each class) to win the race, meaning people can't drive their favourite cars and win the race. The races are so short that people driving their favourite cars can hardly catch up to someone in the fastest car if they made a mistake. It would probably be too late to overtake them.

The game is better off being as a online Single Player game in my opinion.

I waited until I'm at the top of the Blackridge Rivals leaderboard to post this as I don't want people to think I don't want Multiplayer races because I suck at Multiplayer racing.

@THEJAJO wrote:

@TheRealJonyI'm driving maxed Viper and believe me, to win with CCX or LaFerrari, which in fact they are 95% of opponents, is a 100% luck +skills. Wink

That's why I'm going to stop taking care of the event. Wink

@THEJAJO Do you have a Koenigsegg CCX or Ferrari LaFerrari? If so, what are the PRs?

@scottfollett wrote:
Think u should check the list again cause ure not in the top 10 now...ppl have started converting the hyper parts and you will now see even faster CCX's...the only way to compete is to upgrade...

@scottfollett You posted 5 hours later after I posted.

You do know that the leaderboard can change during those 5 hours, right?

Anyways, I'm back in the Top 10 again (at the time I posted this). Look down below.

@scottfollett wrote:
So what are u driving? The LaFerrari or the CCX and at what PR @TheRealJony?

I used to drive my Koenigsegg CCX, but now I'm driving my Ferrari LaFerrari.

My cars' PRs are below.

@WildeKnight07 wrote:

Very little information is given about how Blackridge Rivals works. Would be great if EA explained the rules of engagement better and how the scoring works. Are you supposed to pick the fasted car in your garage, or does the even adjust according to the car you select?

@WildeKnight07 You're supposed to pick your fastest car you have for Blackridge Rivals. It's mentioned in the Top 200 leaderboard.

Match-making is broken in Blackridge Rivals, so you'll probably get a Ford Fiesta ST vs. Koenigsegg CCX if you choose to drive a Fiesta ST. lmao

The video I posted earlier proves how broken the match-making is.

@WildeKnight07 wrote:

I was hoping blackridge would give us an opportunity to drive whichever car we want and then compete against the same cars or class of cars. Gets a bit much only driving the CCX... much prefer my McLaren, Lambo or Pagani.

Yes! Yes! Yes!

I would definitely want Blackridge Rivals to have different classes, so we aren't forced to drive only the fastest cars in the game. (But we still have to drive the fastest cars in each class though)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 31 of 312 (2,423 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TheRealJony - lol, seems the fun from Blackridge Rivals didn't really last long, right? Or is it just because you are now too results oriented due to your leaderboard position that you are so furious? I mean, your issues are not with the actual races but with the rewards and matchmaking... Staying at the top is always hard and always harder than to get there. I can imagine game engine does not want you to face the same few opponents over and over, so I guess they may limit 1 race per opp and day, for example - which leaves you with more than a half of your races with weaker opponents, where the reward is small but the cost of an error is great.

An error in a short race is fatal, yet longer races won't solve that, as the only chance of getting back at the opponent after a mistake is that he makes a mistake too (funny to trail the ghost image and see it run into the wall at the outer wall, for example).

Message 32 of 312 (2,400 Views)

Champion (Retired)

@TheRealJony - oh, and forgot kudos to you for getting that far even with those cars of yours, that leaves lot to be desired when speaking about upgrades. I've got maxed out CCX (that is, it was maxed out before the update, PR994, which now dropped to 989) and still losing a fair share of my scarce BR races, as I do make mistakes (and getting perfect start only about 1 out of 2).

Message 33 of 312 (2,399 Views)

★ Guide

@TheRealJony

Koenigsegg CCX *** 842

Ferrari LaFerrari *** 811

Message 34 of 312 (2,391 Views)

★ Guide
@HeretikJirka my CCX is a lot faster than my LaFerrari but my LaFerrari has almost 1200 more acceleration so I stopped using my CCX...however, this hurts me on long races so you're screwed either which way! Lol!
LaFerrari is 981 and my CCX is 990!
Message 35 of 312 (2,379 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have not even got a Legendary car maxed out, well I did until they added another bloody 70 to my Lambo but I have only justranked up past the 3000 mark with my Maccie.

Message 36 of 312 (2,369 Views)

[ Edited ]

@HeretikJirka wrote:

@TheRealJony - lol, seems the fun from Blackridge Rivals didn't really last long, right? Or is it just because you are now too results oriented due to your leaderboard position that you are so furious? I mean, your issues are not with the actual races but with the rewards and matchmaking...

@HeretikJirka It's both actually.

I forgot to mention cheaters in my previous post.

The game could match-make me with a cheater and I would be forced to race a cheater. That would definitely be an instant-loss. I can't back out of the race since I'll lose SP anyways.

Whenever the game match-makes you with a cheater, the race is literally over before it began.

GGWP. Disappointed

The game's horrendous match-making and cheaters both destroy the fun and SP progress in Blackridge Rivals.

Just today, the game match-maked me with two cheaters today with infinite nitrous.

There was no way I could win those races at all.

I lost 60 points thanks to those cheaters. Disappointed

I have another improvement to Blackridge Rivals match-making.

When the game chooses an opponent for people to race, there should be a 5 second or 10 second timer for people to decide if they want to race that opponent or let the game choose another opponent to race.

People can avoid racing cheaters from this.

@HeretikJirka wrote:

@TheRealJony - oh, and forgot kudos to you for getting that far even with those cars of yours, that leaves lot to be desired when speaking about upgrades.

Thanks man! Appreciate it. Standard smile

@HeretikJirka wrote:

I've got maxed out CCX (that is, it was maxed out before the update, PR994, which now dropped to 989) and still losing a fair share of my scarce BR races, as I do make mistakes (and getting perfect start only about 1 out of 2).

We're human, so we all make mistakes once in a while. Wink 

@THEJAJO wrote:

@TheRealJony

Koenigsegg CCX *** 842

Ferrari LaFerrari *** 811

@THEJAJO Can you post screenshots of your cars as well? Just like I did in my previous post.

P.S. I got lucky and the game match-maked me with AI opponents. And those AI opponents have extremely high SPs, so the rewards for defeating them are very high. Party hat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Need For Speed helper

I am not affiliated with EA in any way.

I have quit playing NFS No Limits. I will still be around to answer NFS No Limits questions.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 37 of 312 (2,335 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

@GabeLogan100 wrote:

@vipucho wrote:

And the other problem is, the opponent goes in a "ghost mode", so we are unable to ram it into the wall or whatever.

Bloody good point my friend.

@The RealJony wrote:

@GabeLogan100 I hope you don't really ram real players in Multiplayer races because you would be sent to heaven by me if you do IF Multiplayer races ever do come to No Limits.

If it was Multiplayer versus each other like in any other gaming competition wouldn't that be the point, to hinder your opponents ability to beat you? Or is this the Marquis of Queensbury rules gone crazy....?

Message 38 of 312 (2,318 Views)

★ Guide
As you wish @TheRealJony.
Message 39 of 312 (2,304 Views)

★ Guide
Game keeps crashing which means a loss! The webpage states that they are working on it and there's nothing they can do...glad I'm not spending any gold on the series!!!
Message 40 of 312 (2,292 Views)