Won't open after update

by jvrey

Original Post

Won't open after update

★★ Novice

I was hoping to buy 1 or 2 more Viper blueprints when I noticed that the icon changed - it automatically got updated.

It normally takes a while for it to load and if I don't touch the screen while it loads, it will hibernate so I usually tap it after about 1 minute or so. 

The first time I tried it after the update, everything seemed fine. I then noticed that the screen is blank. After tapping on certain areas on the screen I could hear sounds which seemed as if I selected something. 

Cleared cache and restarted the game.

This is what happens:

I see the neon EA splash screen followed by the swooshing sound and then the never ending black screen.

I tried opening it without internet access and even reinstalling it but to no avail.

I'm using a Redmi 6 with 10.3.3

Message 1 of 29 (3,998 Views)

Re: Won't open after update

★ Novice

Same here, installed the game and then black screen. Unistalled installed again, black screen, clicked on the screen and 3 downloads where done but the game keep stucked in the black screeb

Message 2 of 29 (3,954 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Multiple cache clears and re-installs and the game will not load races. Already lost a full day of progress on the new Ferarri 488 Event, missed races for the Enzo blueprint promo races. Will load a race and then self close game or will self close before the races start resulting in "used" fuel loss.

Message 3 of 29 (3,938 Views)

★ Novice

Yeah I was 2 blueprints away from upgrading my enzo then it just shut down. Now when I open it I get the need for speed screen then it disappears and goes back to my home screen. I uninstalled then reinstalled and same issue. What up EA when can we expect a fix. 

Message 4 of 29 (3,898 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hey all,

We're aware of this and are looking into a solution.

We'll let you know when we have further updates.

- Andy -

Message 5 of 29 (3,882 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

when can we find a solution?

Message 6 of 29 (3,865 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
@EA_Andy pls be qucik
Message 7 of 29 (3,864 Views)

★ Novice

Thank Andy , there is nothing worse than being in the dark. I love the game and play often during my downtime at work. Now I dont know what to do 😄

Message 8 of 29 (3,796 Views)

★★ Novice

It's a bit reassuring that you guys are looking into it. I don't want to sound as if I'm ranting, but the fact remains that I haven't been able to play NFS eversince the update.

I guess all I can really do is wait and at least give you an update on how the game reacts on my end.

First of all, even though I accepted all permitted everything for the game, for some reason, it does not stay open the way it's supposed to. In some cases, if I don't touch the screen while the race is loading, it will hybernate

Also, just like what I mentioned on my original post, it would go blank after the initial "swish" sound. Every now and then, I would even notice that it will connect or try to connect to Google Play. After a few hours following my original post, I also noticed that it was still trying to download updates. The weird thing is, the screen is still black and I can only see this if I swipe down to see the notification bar. Also, this doesn't happen always. Sometimes I can see it on the notification bar, most of the time, I won't. If I click on the notification, it will only take me beck to the blank screen and the notification disappear leaving me clueless if it it still downloading or not.

I just finished downloading the required files yesterday. I got a notification saying "Download complete. You may now begin racing." Or something like that. However, it's still blank. (BTW, when I say blank screen the screen is black but you know it's active because of the backlight.) 

If I wait for like 3-5 minutes, I'm pretty certain that the game has loaded because I could already hear the wind fx. I just can't see anything. I even tried disabling my game booster but to no avail.

Well, hope that helps. I'll probably try to reinstall is again either tonight or tomorrow morning.

Message 9 of 29 (3,755 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem like member "Jvrey" description

My phone redmi 6 

Miui Global 10.3.3 l 

Stable

10.3.3.0   (OCGMIXM)

Installed ,re installed 5 times but nothing.

Yesterday download automatically my phone 

1.143Mb but nothing changed.

I play this game since 2015.

Last 1.5 year when updated appear the same issue.

Thanks for yours attention 

Hope to fix the problem 👍

Message 10 of 29 (3,654 Views)