No Limits crashes frequently after update

by falcotron224

Original Post

Accepted Solution

No Limits crashes frequently after update

★★★ Newbie

Before the early December 2015 update, NFS No Limits crashed very rarely--maybe once/week if I used all my fuel multiple times/day.

Since the update, it crashes on almost a third of my races. (I counted over my last 35 races, and there were 10 crashes.)

The most common time to crash is after winning the race, before getting the race summary screen. When this happens, I'm out 1-3 fuel (and 1-3 minutes of my time that I expected to get enjoyment, rather than frustration, out of), and get nothing in return. But sometimes it crashes at other times. The worst is when it crashes after the summary screen, before I can pick a race reward box, because then I also lose one of my daily replays for that race. (I do seem to get the $ in that case, but I don't get the battery or blueprint or whatever I was going for, and now I have one less chance of getting one today, which is far more important than $1800 or whatever.)

Also, this happens just as badly in tournament races--and I then usually lose tournament rating (on top of wasting a ticket, and my time). So, for every 3 races, instead of getting, say, 2100 points (3 wins for 700 each), I get 1100 (2 wins for 700 and 1 loss for -300). This is frustrating. The fact that the tournaments are generally well-designed to fit the amount of time (that is, without too much effort I can reach the level where winning becomes challenging for my car, and if I put in enough time/day I can reach the level where it becomes impossible) just makes it more frustrating--in the last tournament, I could have easily gotten at least one more level, probably two, if I didn't keep losing points from crashes. (And then I wouldn't have been 170 points short of buying whatever blueprint it was that I wanted to buy in the tournament store.) And I'm sure the same will happen in the upcoming tournament.

Some of the changes in the updates were cool, and even the ones people are *ing about on the App Store page don't bother me. I would happily give you my $5/month for a monthly gold card plus an occasional $10 for the special event bonus car if the game were playable. But if it's going to keep crashing on me like this, why would I pay for that?

Message 1 of 6 (2,478 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: No Limits crashes frequently after update

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,wanting to offer a possible solution to this problem..

i was experiencing what sounds like the same issue or a very similar one with my iPad before & after the most recent update..I've since updated my iPad software to iOS 9.2.1 & so far haven't experienced a single crash & restart & hope that it continues on like this.i strongly recommend if u haven't got ios9.2.1 that u update it ASAP & hope this resolves the problems u & others are having as I'm a big fan of this game when it's running smoothly Standard smile ...

hope that I've been of some help & good luck

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (2,324 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

Hi there,wanting to offer a possible solution to this problem..

i was experiencing what sounds like the same issue or a very similar one with my iPad before & after the most recent update..I've since updated my iPad software to iOS 9.2.1 & so far haven't experienced a single crash & restart & hope that it continues on like this.i strongly recommend if u haven't got ios9.2.1 that u update it ASAP & hope this resolves the problems u & others are having as I'm a big fan of this game when it's running smoothly Standard smile ...

hope that I've been of some help & good luck

Message 2 of 6 (2,325 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Thank you very much for the idea! I am using iPad 2 and I was stuck at event 5 in Chapter 11. No matter what I did, the game would crash somewhere between 50% and 80%. I updated the software as you suggested and now I finallly managed to finish the race. The game still crashed, but after I managed to press the Continue button, so my win was taken into account and now I can continue the Underground mode.

Thanks again!

Message 3 of 6 (2,282 Views)

★★ Novice

So I am experiencing the same exact things only on Android what would you suggest for that because as far as my phone is saying I'm using the latest possible software that my company provides I have the LG Stylo 4

Message 4 of 6 (2,093 Views)

★ Apprentice

Same problem here, Honor 5X, the game keeps on crashing very often, like a dozen times a day. Most of the time, the problem comes from ads, which launch automatically and crash the whole app. Sometimes not, like 1/4 times, and the game randomly crash while launching a race for exemple. The last update has dramatically increased those crashs frequency.

Message 5 of 6 (1,921 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

So is there a solution for Android users yet?

Mine crashes dang near after EVERY race. Especially frustrating when racing underground rivals. It takes winning a race, closing then reopening the game manually to keep my coins, or badges or whatever those things are... HELP!

Message 6 of 6 (1,435 Views)