Improvements for Need for Speed: No Limits

by MustLiveUA

Original Post

Improvements for Need for Speed: No Limits

★ Novice

Hello Electronic Arts and Firemonkeys Studios!

I play Need for Speed series since NFS 2 and bought mobile NFS Most Wanted in 2013 and since the beginning of January 2018 play in NFS: No Limits - it's my favorite car simulator series.

The next improvements can be made for Need for Speed: No Limits and part of it I wrote you in AppStore and in ticket at 18.02.2018 and all of it wrote in ticket this February. Developers didn't implement anything from my suggestions, so I repeat it here.

1. Suggest you to improve sound and music, because the state with sound and music in the game enrage me since January 2018. Add volume control for music and sound separately (sliders), as it exists in desktop NFS and in Asphalt. Or even better you can make third checkbox for car's sounds - this is what I want to turn off, only to left music and interface sound.
  2. Add more music - there are not enough tracks (even after playing 1,5 months in the beginning of 2018, but after playing 1,5 months in 2019 it's annoying and new music is required).
  3. Normalize volume of all tracks, because some tracks are louder then others, so I need to change volume on device for different tracks all the time.
  4. Add next track button. Similarly to keyboard shortcut in desktop NFS. There are different tracks in the game and I don't like all of them, so having such button (in the game pause menu with options for sound and music) will be good way to switch to another track.
  5. Add confirmation at buying in Shop for gold. It is very needed to prevent unintentional buying.
  6. Remove auto-ads. In the last update in 2019 you added auto-showing of the ads after every race. Which makes game very annoying and not user-friendly, so make it as it was before.
  7. Randomizer with prizes for races (in mysterious prize) is completely nasty and in 99% gives you bad result. Noticed it all the time in 2018-2019. You should make it fair enough.
  8. Randomizer with selecting opponents in Rivals is also nasty. After playing for some time a lot of hard racers appears and the game can give you multiple hard opponents (3-4) in a row. Better to give normal opponent after two loses to hard ones.
  9. There is small amount of series in Car Series (now I have only few left and part playing, also a lot finished and a lot require new cars). Add new series - such ones, which require cars that I already have.
  10. Make the game more various - as locations, as gameplay. Even your previous game (NFS: Most Wanted) was much more various and interesting. Since January 2018 play in NFS: No Limits and it is not various enough and quickly you became bore with it. Should compare it with your previous game and with Asphalt series (which is very various and addicted).
  11. Adding more music and of different genres will be good. But if you will not do it (for any reasons, like minimizing size of the game), then adding next track button will help, as earlier I suggested this feature.
  12. Make "near miss" to count better. Sometime it counts "far enough", but very often it doesn't count "close enough". So it's waste of time to collect near misses.
  13. Make "air time" to count better - to count parts of the seconds. E.g. I often has 0.9 or 1.9 or 2.9, etc seconds, but it counts only integer number. So it's very hard to collect air time, for both daily assignments and missions.
  14. Add new missions in "Missions section". For example, give bonuses for near misses and for collecting (and activation) of the cars.
  15. Extend campaign in a game by adding new campaigns (not only replaying some old levels). To let me play new levels without stopping it due to hard mission, that requires powerful car, which force me to play other modes a month to upgrade car enough. E.g. in Asphalt 9 it's made by using multiple parallel campaigns.
  16. There is not enough cash (money) in game and current methods (like playing levels in company, in car series and in trials) are not enough to have cash to upgrade cars. Add more methods of earning cash: new missions (with cash prizes as I suggested earlier), more cash in Mystery prizes and add double cash prize for winning a race by watching ad (like in Asphalt series).
  17. Some cars have lower default PR then others, but is positioned on higher places in garage.

If the developers will make all or 50% of my suggestions the game will become better.

Message 1 of 5 (1,199 Views)

Re: Improvements for Need for Speed: No Limits

★ Novice

Here are new improvements for Need for Speed: No Limits after previous 17 ones. Earlier I told about them in tickets to developers.

1. Interface music is too quite, sometimes there is only noise. Change it by not allowing "only noise" and by making few background tracks (in addition to mentioned in #2 - add more music during gameplay).
  2. All your events are too hard, so I never got any car. Only get cars by collecting BP - win in game or buy at blackmarket. I told your developers to decrease difficulty a year ago, but they don't want. In result I play events to get some BP and to take a look at cars. And the last event with McLaren P1 (as in the beginning of 2018, as last week) didn't allow to receive BP after finishing Part 4, 6 and 7, like in other your events. Change this event.
  3. Developers answer very slow and don't solve issues, that I wrote them about.
Message 2 of 5 (1,160 Views)

★ Novice

Here are new improvements for NFS: No Limits in addition to previous ones and some bugs.

1. Special events are almost impossible to complete without using gold (so you need to accumulate a lot of gold or buy it with real money to use in events). Think about making some not so hard events.
  2. Event with McLaren P1 didn't allow to receive BP after finishing Day 4, 6 and 7, like in other your events. Make possible to receive BP in this event. And do the same with all your events.
  3. Very often you get materials in events, but not the one you need. It's very small price (unfair) for selling them in Store. Make the fair price for them.
  4. After event is over, you receive cash from event to your main cash account, but without considering materials. You need to automatically sell event materials at the end of event to receive that cash.
  5. Make possible to skip all races in events by gold, including the last one in the day. The skip is expensive, so it's frustrating, when I spent 140 gold for nothing after week of playing. E.g. in event with One:1 in the 6 day I had the last two races, which were very hard (as the whole event), so it took a long time. I used skip for 140 gold for the race before last and in result it just didn't allow to skip the last race to complete the day.
  6. Think about to make possible to complete Mystery prize races in events by using race skips.
  7. In event with Porsche 911 GT2 RS the Easydrive don't work in Mystery prize races with nitro rush. But in event with One:1 and others it worked fine. Add it to all races in events.
  8. At using Easydrive (in all parts of the game) the car don't go to jumps and nitros, mostly avoiding it. Sometimes the car crush other cars and entrances into tunnels (at campaign levels), even the speed is not fast and Easydrive has perfect reaction. Fix it.
  9. Make that there will be no BP of cars that I assembled completely in crates, such as Upgrade Crate & Premium Crate (free and paid). It happens very often for me, but I have only few completed cars. It's enough, that there are such BP in Cars Series.
  10. There is shown two stars for Subaru BRZ in Cars Showroom, but the car has one star by default.
Message 3 of 5 (1,107 Views)

★ Novice

Waste of time, no one will ever listen to these forums, the devs will only do whatever they want and profit, not what we try to say... it's sad...

Message 4 of 5 (1,084 Views)

Champion (Retired)

You know, when you write a complaint like yours, but lacking all the knowledge of the game, you cannot be surprised no one wants to waste his time answering.
Among the mistakes you made:

- near misses seem to work just fine

- air time is counted even for parts of seconds, it is just a display thing to show full seconds in daily quests

- car sorting is based on max PR reachable, not by base PR

- Easydrive cannot work in Proving Grounds challenges, as the AI will never drift or aim for near misses, jumps or nitro areas. It is available for normal races you already finished, though.

- after finishing Special Events (in good or bad), your materials get sold as well. For a small price, though, which is why you may have not see that.

There are other opinions that seem to be skewed:

- it is always a good thing to pick up wanted prize among mystery chests, and frustrating not to get it, but that does not make it evil. It is believed it is not exactly random, yet the algorithm seems to be changing from time to time.

- while advancing through the game, you may finish all playable Car Series at that time, which means you need to upgrade some of your cars or build new ones if you want new races. There are plenty of them, though, and new keeps being added, that is, if you are able to finish the Special Events (see below)

- at some point you are bound to hit a cash wall, lacking money for upgrades. That is normal, and probably it happens once you need your sport/super cars to get golden and above. If you are patient enough, you'll get over it - currently I have over 8M cash, without having all the cars maxed (just some of them). Do Tuner Trials regularly, it helps.

- Special Events - tons of posts there about how to do it properly (and for free), just search. If you want short answer: use all your time, use all your tickets. Plan your purchases in the store (materials, you do not need anything else). There's been times when a race skip of a key race was 500-2000 gold, so be glad that curently it is more like one hundred or so. You can get that much gold from Daily missions and Car series. Personally I found the P1 GTR Event tough because of the cop ramming quests, I was never good at that, and I admit I used gold to skip several such races (also, I missed a lot of tickets during one tough weekend and had to keep up). Otherwise, I've been able to more or less easily get any Special Event car I participated in.

I know it's been a month, so maybe you have changed your mind already. But maybe someone finds this helpful anyway.

Message 5 of 5 (1,033 Views)