Re: nfs mw starts the .exe but it closes without running

by Dexta1221

Original Post

Accepted Solution

nfs mw starts the .exe but it closes without running

★★ Novice

I just installed and ran this game but it doesn't give a splash screen or anything. I click play, the .exe shows up in my running processes and then closes with no error messages. I run dual GTX 550 TIs on a Sabertooth 990FX with 32 GB of ram. Pretty sure it's not a hardware problem, but the fact that I run 3 monitors might affect it. I doubt it though, all of my other games work just fine. Any ideas on how I would go about debugging this issue?

Message 1 of 4 (1,735 Views)

Accepted Solution

★★ Novice

So, I just finished playing the game. After a LOT of testing, I managed to get it to work after disabling my secondary and tertiary monitors within windows. Apparently, this application cannot run on a machine with multiple displays. If you're running Windows 7 x64, right click on your desktop, click screen resolution, click any of the monitors you have in the window, click the drop down for multiple displays, and choose disconnect this display for all of your non-primary monitors. This fix worked for me and I hope it helps someone else with my same problem.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (1,780 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

So, I just finished playing the game. After a LOT of testing, I managed to get it to work after disabling my secondary and tertiary monitors within windows. Apparently, this application cannot run on a machine with multiple displays. If you're running Windows 7 x64, right click on your desktop, click screen resolution, click any of the monitors you have in the window, click the drop down for multiple displays, and choose disconnect this display for all of your non-primary monitors. This fix worked for me and I hope it helps someone else with my same problem.

Message 2 of 4 (1,781 Views)

★★ Novice

Just a side note: I tested this with Origin in game both enabled and disabled. It worked for me both times.

Message 3 of 4 (1,709 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've the opposite problem.

Most wanted 05 will open if I have multiple displays connected. This is a pain in the * because my laptop doesn't detect the monitor automatically. I have to use the intel HD graphics to detect it.

PLZ HELP. 

Message 4 of 4 (1,518 Views)