Re: can't go online

by ANTS_Zenofire

Original Post

can't go online

★★★ Newbie

My son has an xbox 360, so do I. 

We have an xbox live family subscription. 

He is unable to go online with need for speed most wanted because he is too young for an origin account, and mine will not allow him on due to his age as well.

Is there a way around this?  

Message 1 of 11 (530 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If u cant go online you aint got membership or membership expired.

Message 2 of 11 (497 Views)

Champion (Retired)

If he's too young, he won't be able to create an Origin account. He will need to get a parent to create one instead.

Message 3 of 11 (490 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have created an origin account for him. When we use his details he is given the message "you do not meet the minimum requirements for an origin account", same occurs using my details. The problem doesn't lie with the live account, as he can get the current multiplayer updates etc. how can we setup an origin account a different way? AlreadY tried online, creating a new one, and using my existing one, and tried creating through the game. No luck either way.
Message 4 of 11 (481 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

It's probably because your son has an under-age account for XBOX LIVE (Unless his account is set to 18+). I'm not sure otherwise.

~EDIT: Said brother instead of son. Apologies.

Message 5 of 11 (477 Views)

★★★ Newbie
As I stated at the beginning he is my son, so yes, he has an under age account - he's 9...that is the sensible option.
I fail to see why that should stop him playing this game with his friends and family, it's just a racing game.

There must be a way to set it up to allow it without him requiring an adult live subscription. Are there any other ideas out there?

his Xbox live account settings explicitly allow online gaming.
Message 6 of 11 (474 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion (Retired)

Check the DOB on his Origin account. Set it to 18+.

~EDIT: I'm actually not sure why they'll block him from a racing game either. I guess it's because Origin won't allow any underage gamers to play any underage games controlled by origin, seems pathetic.

Message 7 of 11 (471 Views)

★★★ Newbie
Already did that. Doesn't work with my own origin account either
Message 8 of 11 (464 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Might be a good idea to contact EA then. If your son can't play a racing game because of an under-age problem, there's no doubt it's a bug.

Message 9 of 11 (461 Views)

★★★ Newbie

in5173ch, I am with you, this is a fiasco...quite frankly I am completely annoyed that I bought the game now!! I will not be purchasing anymore EA game until this is sorted out...

I have been buying EA for years and this 'bury our head in the sand' attitude that seems to be coming from the makers is infuriating!!

Like you I hasve been responsible in setting my son up correctly with his own account unlike half the nation that just lie about it....head in sand, lets not bother to think about it, noone underage plays these nasty filthy games......waken up and sort it out!

Message 10 of 11 (379 Views)