Start game over?

by TheWaxwingSlain

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Start game over?

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

I started the game without my controller installed.  It defaulted to my keyboard of course.  By the time I got past the first race, I realized the keyboard controls were terrible.

I'd like to start the game over using my controller.   I dont' care about the score from my first race.  I want to go through the explanation of controls for my controller instead of the keyboard.

Is there any way to start this game over?  I can't find anything in the (rather confusing) menus.

Message 1 of 4 (499 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Start game over?

Community Manager

Hi poperatzo,

Open Origin, right-click Need for Speed Most Wanted and choose "Show Game Details". Then switch to the Cloud Storage tab and untick "Enable cloud storage for all games". Navigate to "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Criterion Games" and delete or move the Need for Speed Most Wanted folder.

When you start the game again it should create a new save game, all the videos, settings, unlocks, etc should be reset.

Later on you can enable Cloud Storage again and it should sync automatically if you choose to use the local save game. 

I hope that helps. 

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (491 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi poperatzo,

Open Origin, right-click Need for Speed Most Wanted and choose "Show Game Details". Then switch to the Cloud Storage tab and untick "Enable cloud storage for all games". Navigate to "C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Criterion Games" and delete or move the Need for Speed Most Wanted folder.

When you start the game again it should create a new save game, all the videos, settings, unlocks, etc should be reset.

Later on you can enable Cloud Storage again and it should sync automatically if you choose to use the local save game. 

I hope that helps. 

Message 2 of 4 (492 Views)

★ Apprentice

Perfect.  That worked.

I later re-enabled "save games in the cloud" and all is well.

Message 3 of 4 (469 Views)

Community Manager

Awesome Standard smile Thank you for letting me know that it worked.

I hope you enjoy the new Need for Speed as much as I do.

Message 4 of 4 (460 Views)