Speed Points rising up when I'm not playing NFS

by CroKiller

Original Post

Re: Speed Points rising up when I'm not playing NFS

★ Novice

I've tried the delete file, and restart system twice, and i'm still getting "free" speed points everytime i start the game on pse and vita.

Message 11 of 35 (947 Views)

★★ Novice

The same problem happens to me. Everytime I restart the game The number of SP increases on about 1 million and I don't think it is because of someone else play. Deleting the save doesn't help because the number of SP is stored on Autolog servers. Is there any solution of this problem?

Message 12 of 35 (931 Views)

★★★ Novice

I am also facing the same problem, my speedpoints greatly increase.

I do not know what can be.

My friends are excluding me from their lists, because I think I'm using some kind of hack, which is not true.

I do not know what else to do, really!

Message 13 of 35 (898 Views)

★ Pro

I think I have a friend with a similar problem. He's up to 24 mil now and I don't see him online that much for the score to rise to high between his sessions.

Message 14 of 35 (896 Views)

★★★ Novice

Exactly, I'm seriously considering to stop playing due to these problems.

But the worst are my friends, they do not understand.

Game on PC.

Message 15 of 35 (894 Views)

★ Pro

Just link them to this thread then Standard smile

Message 16 of 35 (892 Views)

★★★ Novice

I do not know what to do, I'll uninstall the game and end up with problems.
It is the only solution, maybe buy another.

Message 17 of 35 (887 Views)

★ Guide

Delete your save file in the "Criterion Games" folder in "My Documents" and start again, it's the only way.

Message 18 of 35 (880 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Deleting the save file?

1. You keep your speedpoints (those you deserve for playing the game + those you got because of the bug) even if you delete your savegame, because the information about the amount of your speedpoints is stored on the Autolog servers - it is true, you won't get more of the speed points that are related to the bug, but still your overall speedpoints score is "corrupted"

2. The problem could happen again until Criterion is actually fixing it. You tell people to delete their savegame so they lose a lot of their progress in the game (except the speedpoints) - but what if that bug occurs again? You are an -bad word- if you say this is a solution. Criterion has to fix the bug first - there is no excuse for not fixing it.

Message 19 of 35 (867 Views)

★ Guide

@Galford24 wrote:

Deleting the save file?

1. You keep your speedpoints (those you deserve for playing the game + those you got because of the bug) even if you delete your savegame, because the information about the amount of your speedpoints is stored on the Autolog servers - it is true, you won't get more of the speed points that are related to the bug, but still your overall speedpoints score is "corrupted"

2. The problem could happen again until Criterion is actually fixing it. You tell people to delete their savegame so they lose a lot of their progress in the game (except the speedpoints) - but what if that bug occurs again? You are an -bad word- if you say this is a solution. Criterion has to fix the bug first - there is no excuse for not fixing it.

Sure, Criterion has to fix the bug, but on the question of video game morality, and "fake" speedpoints, let me ask you this: have you ever played a game in which you kill someone, e.g. BF3? Well, if you want to get into video game morality, stealing (e.g. you gaining speedpoints for no fault of your own), is a lot less worse than killing, right? If someone offers you a million dollars for free, no strings attached, would you take it? Sure you're gaining speedpoints, but it's not your fault, if you want to be impeccable at THIS VERY MOMENT, then I suggest not playing NFS until a patch actually arrives, because some of us can't even play the game because it keeps crashing after concours (e.g. Me). Nevermind the constant gameplay crashes when finishing a speedlist after concours.

Message 20 of 35 (858 Views)