Re: Speed Points rising up when I'm not playing NFS

by EA_Rick

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Speed Points rising up when I'm not playing NFS

★★★★ Novice

Hi all!

I have really strange problem. My Speed Points are rising whenever I'm playing game or not. I noticed yesterday when I turned on my PS3 that I have unlocked 2 new Most Wanted races and when I finished playing I didn't have enough Speed Points for next Most Wanted race. I don't know how is that possible because I didn't play game. 

And this morning I noticed same thing. Yesterday I needed  27K more Speed Points to next Most Wanted race and this morning I have not just enough points for that Most Wanted race...I have enough points for two Most Wanted races. How is that possible? 

As i said no one is playing...only me. Can anyone help me with this bug/glitch? I want to play and earn Speed Points by playing. 

Message 1 of 35 (4,167 Views)

Accepted Solution

Community Manager (retired)

Ok that's good, I just wanted to make sure that someone else wasn't using the account while you were not playing. I'd say the best option would be to contact an EA Game advisor to look into this further for you.

You can do this by using the "Contact Us" option on www.help.ea.com. They will be able to look into this further for you and hopefully see what the cause of this might be.

Let me know how you get on as I would be interested to know the outcome of this.

Thanks.

Rick

View in thread

Message 4 of 35 (4,312 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks Rick, I already did. And they help me. Great support really.

Solution is to erase any file on PS3 in Game Data Utility.

So choose (on PS3) Game - Game Data Utility find NFS and erase that file. After that restart PS3 and problem solved. 

View in thread

Message 5 of 35 (4,306 Views)

All Replies

HI crokiller,

That is a very strange one. I'm not entirely sure why that would be happening, out of curiosity, are you certain that no one else has access to your PS3/PSN ID and the game?

Thanks.

RIck.

Message 2 of 35 (4,140 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Yes, I'm really sure!

Only I have information regarding my account and only I play videogames. Standard smile

Message 3 of 35 (4,136 Views)

Ok that's good, I just wanted to make sure that someone else wasn't using the account while you were not playing. I'd say the best option would be to contact an EA Game advisor to look into this further for you.

You can do this by using the "Contact Us" option on www.help.ea.com. They will be able to look into this further for you and hopefully see what the cause of this might be.

Let me know how you get on as I would be interested to know the outcome of this.

Thanks.

Rick

Message 4 of 35 (4,313 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thanks Rick, I already did. And they help me. Great support really.

Solution is to erase any file on PS3 in Game Data Utility.

So choose (on PS3) Game - Game Data Utility find NFS and erase that file. After that restart PS3 and problem solved. 

Message 5 of 35 (4,307 Views)

Excellent crokiller, I'm glad they were able to you out with this one.

Also thanks for letting me know how to fix it, I'm going to accept your answer as the solution just in case anyone else in the community encounters this problem in the future.

Thanks again Standard smile and good luck taking down the Most Wanted.

Rick.

Message 6 of 35 (4,124 Views)

★ Guide

I am having the same problem, but i am playing the game on PC. So the solution for the PS3 won't help me.

I have already contacted Live chat, and they told me that they would get a "higher" level team to help me.

But maybe, someone here does know a solution.

Sure i could wait and hope that EA will fix the problem for me, but i have the problem since 2nd Nov. and first contacted EA on 4th Nov.  

I find it kind of strange that it is so easy to solve the problem on PS3 but it seems to be a huge problem an PC.

Message 7 of 35 (4,100 Views)

★★ Novice

i got the same issues on pc too,plz fix it !!

Message 8 of 35 (4,079 Views)

Hi galford24 and pndz0r,

There are two things I would like you to try to see if we can get this resolved for you. First, open Origin, right click on NFSMW and selct "Repair Installation".

After this I would like you to go to this location: C:\Users\<username>\Documents\Criterion Games\Need For Speed(TM) Most Wanted\Save. Once here cut and paste the save file to your desktop. Launch NFS through Origin again, it will detect a difference between the local and cloud save. When it asks whether to use the local or cloud save select cloud and login as normal.

Let me know if there is any change.

Thanks.

RIck.

Message 9 of 35 (4,060 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Hello Rick,

thank for your advice but i did that and it doesn't work for me.

But i tried something else, too: I disabled the cloud save feature, renamed my savegame so that the game couldn't find my old save. Now i started the game and the game created a new save file. Of course all that remained were my speed points because they seem to be stored on your autolog server. Now, what happened after starting the game for second (and third) time is: my speedpoints stopped to increase! Fine, but that is NOT an option, because i may keep my Speedpoints but i still lose a huge part of my progress.

Information on your servers: speed points (and probable a few more info)

Information in the save file: (singleplayer) races won; cars unlocked; milestones; billboards, security gates, jack spots found etc.

I am sure, before the bug occured i was at least Concours 1 (1x level 71) + online level 3. So it seems that at some point after that, a bug occured that lead to my problem.

So i guess this bug could* happen to everyone

a.) at any level

or

B.) at any level past Concours 1 + level 3

(*Of course, like most bugs, this may only happen to a very, very small number of people. And some other people probably don't mind free points)

As of today, i should be at ~6,5 million speed points (5 million is required for Concours 1), because that is what i earned and deserve (!) by playing the game (my singleplayer + my multiplayer speedpoints), but of course my current amount of speed points is much higher (~6,5 million legit speed points + the speed points i got "for free" = 22+ millions speedpoints)

What is important to me is that i can keep my legit progress (100% singleplayer, all pro mods unlocked (for every single car), and most of the singleplayer car milestones, and at least 6,5 Million speed points)

The solution CAN'T be to delete my savegame, and to start from zero again. Just to make that clear. 

I rather end up with 999,999,999 speed points than loosing all my legit and deserved progress.

I can send you my savegame, but i don't think that Criterion is willing to fix my savegame.

If there is any solution, that lets me keep my legit progress - fine, tell me, i don't want "free" speed points.

There is one idea i have: if you delete my Speedpoints on your server, than the next time i connect to autolog it should upload the number of speed points in my savefile. It may or may not work - just an idea. And it may not be enough to sync the speed points permanently this way, because a bug in the savegame could be still a problem and could cause the same increase again, but at least i might return to 6,5 million instead of 22 mill.

Edit: There are more problems:

just one example: 

i should have 26/27 Milestones for the Mclaren MP4-12C (only the "drive 10 hours" milestone is missing), but if i drive up to the MP4 ingame (with a different car), the Speedwall above the car states that i only have 24/27 milestones unlocked. Same thing happens on the Autolog website. And yes, i've waited more than 24 hours to see if it just takes a little time to update.

Don't know why, but my savegame is definitely out of sync with the autolg servers.

Message 10 of 35 (4,039 Views)