PS3 Cross Platform with Vita?

by Endustry

Original Post

Accepted Solution

PS3 Cross Platform with Vita?

★★ Novice

Is the PS3 version of Most Wanted going to be cross platform with the Vita version?  If so, when I purchase the PS3 version for retial $59,99, will it include a digital version for the Vita like other titles which are cross platform (i.e. Motorstorm, New Playstation All-Stars, etc)?

If the Vita veriosn is not included with the PS3 version, are there 2 seperate trophy catergories for the Vita and PS3 version? 

EA seriously can't be expecting consumers to purchase both Vita and PS3 versions for $100.00, can they?

Message 1 of 9 (2,412 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted - PS3/Vita Question

★★ Novice

I have have found an answer...

On the PSN pre-order, the fine print states...  "One-time license fee for downloads up to 2 consoles and 2 portable systems that are associated with the purchasing account".  So the PSN purchase agreement states that you are purchasing both console and portable versions.

For comprsion, Assassin Creed III pre-order which is not a vita game (Assassins Creed III Liberation is a different game which is for Vita only and not PS3) specifically states in the purchase agreement, "One-time license fee for downloads up to 2 console systems that are associated with the purchasing account".

I have taken screen shots to verify the purchase agreement but this forum does not allow pictures to be uploaded.

View in thread

Message 5 of 9 (2,512 Views)

All Replies

Need For Speed Most Wanted - PS3/Vita Question

★★★ Newbie

I can't find info anywhere except for a "maybe." My question is, are we going to get NFSMW as a cross buy for the PS3 and the Vita?

Message 2 of 9 (2,370 Views)

Re: PS3 Cross Platform with Vita?

★★★ Newbie

I just asked the same question. REALLY hoping this is going to happen. After an hour of research all I can find is a "maybe" and haven't gotten an answer on it either. Let me know if you find anything out!

Message 3 of 9 (2,385 Views)

★★ Novice

On the PSN pre-order, the fine print states...  "One-time license fee for downloads up to 2 consoles and 2 portable systems that are associated with the purchasing account".  So the PSN purchase agreement states that you are purchasing both console and portable versions.

For comprsion, Assassin Creed III pre-order which is not a vita game (Assassins Creed III Liberation is a different game which is for Vita only and not PS3) specifically states in the purchase agreement, "One-time license fee for downloads up to 2 console systems that are associated with the purchasing account".

I have taken screen shots to verify the purchase agreement but this forum does not allow pictures to be uploaded.

Message 4 of 9 (2,377 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted - PS3/Vita Question

★★ Novice

On the PSN pre-order, the fine print states...  "One-time license fee for downloads up to 2 consoles and 2 portable systems that are associated with the purchasing account".  So the PSN purchase agreement states that you are purchasing both console and portable versions.

Message 5 of 9 (2,513 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Aww crap, I've already pre-ordered from Gamestop! Do you know if that applies if you've purchased the LE version from a store?

Message 6 of 9 (2,373 Views)

★★ Novice

I can say that nobody really knows for sure, however the PSN purchase agreement fot the PS3 version states that it also includes 2 portable versions.  I can suggest that you cancel your pre-order form GS.  GS does refund pre-orders.

Message 7 of 9 (2,371 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Good to know, thanks. I'll do that!

Message 8 of 9 (2,369 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I don't know if the two games are going to be bundled as technically the PSVita and PS3 are different consoles and as such some people might view it as being proper to buy two seperate copies but forgoing that.

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2012/10/26/aside-from-a-few-minor-differences-nfs-most-wanted-on...

The PS3 and PSVita versions are cross compatible.

Look Alfred, I'm Batman not a millionaire playboy!
Message 9 of 9 (2,362 Views)