Re: PS3 Controller problem

by sii3nus

Original Post

PS3 Controller problem

★★★ Newbie

Hello, I seem to have this weird problem where on any pause menu the game will continually flick through all the options in a never ending loop without me touching the controller. Making it difficult to actually select the option I want to pick. Even if I fight against it and press in the opposite direction. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 4 (986 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

that happens with one of my controllers that i had to repair once.  for me, it's due to a very minor controller malfunction where it often thinks i have slight pressure on the analog stick when i don't.  i'd try a different controller if you have one to see if it fixes the issue.

Message 2 of 4 (977 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

This isn't a controller issue.  Few controllers are 100% centered when left alone.  Most games have dead zone controls to overcome this short coming.  For whatever reason Criterion decided to leave out dead zone controls for this game.  Hopefully they add it in the next patch.

Actually, now that I think about it, I had the same issue with the G27 wheel set on the last Need for Speed (Hot Pursuit).  There was a file that some controllers had to edit to make the game playable.  They did eventually patch it issue though.

+1 to Criterion for not learning from past mistakes.
+1 to Criterion for not catching this in the QC process.

Message 3 of 4 (970 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm just commenting to back this up.

I run a PS2 emulator to play my old video games and don't have the controller settings set up for a deadzone.  I run into the exact same problem.  Normally I have to use the direction pad to encourage it to stop.  I don't know why this works.

Look Alfred, I'm Batman not a millionaire playboy!
Message 4 of 4 (954 Views)