[PC] Stuck on loading screen

by kerimkJ

Original Post

Re: Stuck on loading screen

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

There seems to be two issues here, one where the first loading screen freezes completely and one where the ticker keeps going and the game never actually crashes.

Loading forever (ticket never stops) Issue:

UPDATE OR UNINSTALL / REINSTALL ORIGIN

Game FREEZES at first loading screen:

Anyone having this issue, could you please try the following and reply with the results.

• Repair Install in Origin (Right click on the game portrait, choose Repair Install).
  • Turn off the Origin in-game overlay (application settings - in game - uncheck enable origin in game.
  • If that doesn't work, attempt a clean boot and try to run the game through Origin. Clean boot instructions are in a previous post in this thread.

Message 31 of 261 (63,254 Views)

★★★ Novice

An exemple what is happening with me "on my pc" : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kE9UWO2lI38

Message 32 of 261 (63,251 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Ok my game is now working

• I unistalled Origin, downloaded a new setup and installed it.
  • Opened the game the game and now works (at the beginning it worked but w/o online features because origin in-game overlay was not checked)

The clean boot did not work, I tried that yesterday. I hope that my solution helps other people with the same problem

BTW.... If anyone wants to add me to origin to play online you are welcome to do it.

Message 33 of 261 (63,246 Views)

★★★ Novice

Got it, reinstalled origin, game is working perfect now. Tyvm.

Message 34 of 261 (63,218 Views)

★ Apprentice

While this is also happening to me I found a work around.  Once the game starts to load you have about 2 seconds before is crashes in the background.  As soon as you start to load the game Alt+Tab.  This will force the game into Windowed mode.  From there I've had no further issues being able to play.

Message 35 of 261 (63,184 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Well..

Got it to work a bit, no internetconnection and it worked, until i crashed my car in a car chase, now it wont even start

My PC Specs:

- Machine name: Guess Who

- Operating System: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.120830-0333)

- Language: Danish (Regional Setting: Danish)

- BIOS: BIOS Date: 04/13/11 10:49:27 Ver: 04.06.04

- Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz

- Memory: 16384MB RAM

- Available OS Memory: 16362MB RAM

- Page File: 2498MB used, 30222MB available

- DirectX Version: DirectX 11

- Card name: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580
- Manufacturer: NVIDIA
- Chip type: GeForce GTX 580
- DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
- Display Memory: 4048 MB

- Dedicated Memory: 1488 MB

- Shared Memory: 2560 MB

- Monitor Name: SyncMaster 2443NW/2443NWX
 -Driver Name: nvd3dumx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvwgf2umx.dll,nvd3dum,nvwgf2um,nvwgf2um
- Driver File Version: 9.18.0013.0697 (English)

- Driver Version: 9.18.13.697

Message 36 of 261 (63,175 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

After you crashed your car, did the game crash to desktop or did you have to ctrl-alt-delete? Did it give any error message?

And again, sorry if I'm repeating this, have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling Origin or turning off the in-game overlay?

Message 37 of 261 (63,157 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Well. i got the game working again, had to delete the Cloud savegame, and now ive installed the game on 5 diffrent copmuters(Well, 4 and a labtop)

and Yes, when the game crashes have to Ctrl+Alt+Delete to get out of the game so i can see the error message, wich just said the game had an error and had to be closed

Message 38 of 261 (63,145 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I did everything u wrote guys but my game still stuck's on loading screen. I need to press ALT+TAB to get it run but after 5-10 minutes it crash again, on singleplayer and multiplayer. 

Message 39 of 261 (63,129 Views)

★★ Novice

The origin reinstall worked for me too. I'm so glad that I can play now. Thanks for the fix <3

Message 40 of 261 (63,064 Views)