Re: Stuck on loading screen

by damgeas

Original Post

★★★★ Novice

Installed the new patch, loaded game up got past the loading screen lockup for the first time ever, had one game, came out of game, loading screen locked up, WAY TO GO EA, does anyone from EA like to answer what on earth are you doing releasing unfinshed games that do NOT work out of the box, really though you really couldn't run a bath. so again I WANT MY MONEY BACK.

Message 81 of 261 (59,191 Views)

Stuck at loading screen

★★★ Newbie

Hello,

When I start up Need for Speed, I get the 'press a key' screen, and when I press a key, it shows a loading screen. The loading screen doesn't go away. I leaved it loading for about an hour, but it didn't help. 

Please help me.

Greets,

Leon

Message 82 of 261 (59,175 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@buliwlondynie wrote:

I had the same problem ( freshly installed Windows 8 Pro).

I'm not sure if that is a fix, but I did 2 things and it works now.

1.I installed .NET Framework ( just install direct x SDK:   C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\__Installer\directx\redist )

2.I updated my Origin account details (settings/account) - add Origin ID and it will "fully" log you into Origin.

Hope that helps.

I have win 7

This fix works. Thanks!

Message 83 of 261 (59,144 Views)

★★ Novice

where can I find that patch at?

Message 84 of 261 (59,133 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

The game will update through Origin. My game was updated nearly 2 hours ago. But in my case the update didn't solve the problem, the game pass the loading screen but in game from 10 to 10 minutes it gives me an error.

Message 85 of 261 (59,118 Views)

★★ Novice

can you do it manually or do you have to wait for it to do it on it's own?

Message 86 of 261 (59,115 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I didn't do enything. I just restarted Origin.

Message 87 of 261 (59,112 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Guys if you are using AMD drivers 12.11 beta (4) take them out and revert back to 12.10 seems to have cleared up my problem, touch wood, I STILL WANT MY MONEY BACK THOUGH lol.

Message 88 of 261 (59,106 Views)

★★★ Novice

The patch did not fix the problem for me.

Previously, I reverted from 12.10 to 12.8 but the issue remained.

This wouldn't be so bad if they would at least acknowledge the issue and let us know when it might get resolved.  I'm starting to think that by the time I actually get to play, friends will have moved on from multiplayer.

Message 89 of 261 (59,097 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Update:

Thank you all for providing us with logs, although we are still investigating, we do not need any more logs at this stage. We will update you, as soon as we do have more information available!

In the meantime, please check out this post.

barry.png
Message 90 of 261 (59,052 Views)