Re: Stuck on loading screen

by Sidotsy

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[PC] Stuck on loading screen

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Hi,

I just bought the game via Origin and downloaded the game. As soon as I start the game and press start the games gets stuck in the loading screen.... I unistalled the game and re-downloaded it and the it keeps getting stuck in the same loading screen

Any suggestions?

Message 1 of 261 (50,456 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [PC] Stuck on loading screen

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone,

For those who are still experiencing this issue, I will try to list below a recap of different workarounds. Some of them were provided by community members and I hope this will help you all.

If you have already tried these steps without success, please let us know.
Also cosmicf posted a message about system requirements and you will find below the recommendations since this is also an important information:

• Disabling Origin In Game:

1.                 Launch Origin Client and Login to user account

2.                 Click on the Origin Dropdown Menu and select the Application Settings Option

3.                 Click the IN GAME Tab and uncheck the “Enable Origin In Game” Box to disable the IGO

4.                 Attempt to Launch the game

• Updating Origin

fab931025 posted a workaround which involves updating Origin

fraserlaserr refined the workaround here

1. Go to EA Website and Log In to your Origin account on the right at the top.
  2. Click your profile, Change your ID name and YOU MUST VALIDATE/CONFIRM THE EMAIL ADDRESS! 
  3. Go to your Control Panel and uninstall Origin.
  4. Go to Origin and download Origin.
  5. Install Origin and Log in with the Origin application.
  6. Your NFS Most Wanted will now work in on- and offline mode.

• Updating drivers

tutarr posted a message informing that reinstalling his video card driver solved the loading issue:

tutarr wrote:

I solve the problem of the loading. Its simple, reinstall the driver nvidia in full defaults... But the sound of the Most Wanted 2012... pffff No sounds...

Our recommendation is to make sure you have the latest drivers available for your video and sound card.

• Friends list

Another workaround involving the friends list has been provided by 1april.

However the friend list should not cause any issue since this has been fixed with the last game update too, but I will post here the workaround as an additional information. If you think this can still cause an issue, don't hesitate to inform us.

1. My Origin friends list was full. I had 100 friends. The game always froze after the 'Press any key' loading screen.
  2. I unfriended 3 players, so I had only 97 players in my friends list.
  3. After that I had no freezes anymore.
  4. This also explains why I never had freezes in loading screen while I was offline in Origin.

[PC]

• Fixed a friends issue where users with 99 friends PLUS pending friends invites were seeing crashes.

• Need For Speed Most Wanted System Requirements

Minimum System Requirement:

• OS: Windows Vista (Service Pack 2 and all available windows updates) 32-Bit
  • Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core (Core 2 Duo 2.4 GHZ or Atlhon X2 2.7 GHz)
  • Memory: 2 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB
  • Disk Drive: DVD ROM Drive
  • Graphics Card (AMD): DirectX 10.1 compatible with 512 MB RAM (ATI RADEON 3000, 4000, 5000 OR 6000 series, with ATI RADEON 3870 or higher performance)
  • Graphics Card (NVIDIA): DirectX 10.0 compatible with 512 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE 8, 9, 200, 300, 400 OR 500 series with NVIDIA GEFORCE 8800 GT or higher performance)
  • Sound card: DirectX compatible
  • Peripherals: Keyboard and Mouse

Recommended System Requirement:

• OS: Windows 7 (Service Pack 1 and all available windows updates) 64-bit
  • Processor: Quad-Core CPU
  • Memory: 4 GB
  • Hard Drive: 20 GB
  • Disk Drive: DVD ROM Drive
  • Graphics Card: DirectX 11 compatible with 1024 MB RAM (NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 or ATI RADEON 6950)
  • Sound Card: DirectX compatible
  • Peripherals: Keyboard and Mouse

cosmicf I have read your message and indeed Windows 8 is not listed on the system requirements.

View in thread

Message 190 of 261 (47,058 Views)

All Replies

★★ Novice

Got the same problem. Reinstalled the game, rebooted the pc, restarted origin etc. Nothing seems to work. Really annoying.

Message 2 of 261 (50,305 Views)

★★★ Newbie

same problem here too:

i'm running windows 8 x64 pro

and the game endlessly loads at: 627,7MB (task manager) in the loading screen after the "press start" button

the game still takes from 4 to 20% of processor usage

hope you can get this fixed, or get us a workaround

Message 3 of 261 (50,291 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Several things need to be noted.  If you can append a DirectX diagnostic to your post it'd greatly help the tech-heads.  I do note however that this game will not work, and even possibly install, through the 'Metro' system/screen.  A fair number of system functions aren't loaded when using the 'Metro' screen from what I understand.  

Look Alfred, I'm Batman not a millionaire playboy!
Message 4 of 261 (50,283 Views)

★ Apprentice

Funny things... I could make it work on my desktop but the online functionallity goes away (using a stupid "Crack" from the internet) but I don't like this since I bought the game to play it online. Second, my game actually runs on my laptop just fine, and my laptop is "worse" than my desktop.

Message 5 of 261 (50,264 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone,

Have you seen any error message? Can you provide information about your system please? Is anyone else is experiencing difficulty with the online feature?

kerimkj

You mentioned that the game is working on one of your machine so this is maybe due to a setting such as Anti-virus rights? Have you tried some troubleshooting steps like running the game as an administrator?

Thank you.

Message 6 of 261 (50,257 Views)

★ Apprentice

My desktops specs: Intel i7 950 @ 3.33, Nvidia GTX 465 overclocked, 12 GB DDR3 (Doesn't work, has infinite loading screen after the press start menu)

My laptop specs: Intel® Core™ i7 2630QM,  NVIDIA® GeForce® GTX 560M, 8 GB DDR3 (It works here)

On my desktop I was able to make it work by downloading a NFS13.exe from the internet, but it disables the online feature (which I reversed quickly because I do not want to play the game like that)

When I try to run NFS13.exe as an administrator it says "Origin is not installed, and is required to play your game. Please reinstall Origin", but Origin is open... So I went and select run as admin all the time and opened through Origin and the infinite loading screen persists. I do not think it is any antivirus rights since I have the same antivirus in both computers, and the game opens but sits in the loading screen after the press enter menu.

There is no error message, just the infinite loading screen.

Message 7 of 261 (50,244 Views)

★★ Novice

Got pretty much the same problems as kerimkj. And if you check youtube there is a video of a guy that has the same problem but on the Xbox. So it seems to be a problem with the game, which means we have to wait for a patch or play the game with online features disabled, because I tried it with a different .exe like kerimkj said and it worked for me too.

Message 8 of 261 (50,199 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Is this happening on the first loading screen into the game or can you play the game for a little while before it happens?

Message 9 of 261 (50,178 Views)

★ Apprentice

It happens in the first loading screen after the press start menu (the first load screen with cars in the background and tips in the bottom of the screen, which runs forever)

Message 10 of 261 (50,156 Views)