Re: Origin Account age limits

by mwesolek76

Original Post

★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem. My 14th birthday has passed (I have had Origin since 2014) and I have received nothing telling me I can get an adult account even though my country's age requirement is 13. Since your comment was from four years ago, do you have any solutions?

Message 31 of 35 (1,345 Views)

★ Novice
SAME
Message 32 of 35 (1,326 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am afraid I do not have a great solution for you...The work around is a new account with a new profile that increases your age. EA have no problem with this as long as it is done with the permission of a parent, which they cant verify btw, so as a result you can pretty much do as you wish. I tried to make it so that my son could have my permission through the XBOX system however that didn't work as clearly there is no communication between Microsoft and EA.....this may have changed since we tried this last but I doubt it.

I am sorry this isn't as easy as it should be, I even spoke directly to EA about this and nothing was ever resolved.

Why cant chat be disabled? if this is the reason online interactions must be for over 18's then simply disable it for minors...Good Luck and happy gaming!

Message 33 of 35 (1,314 Views)

★ Novice

ive tried that ... it does not work..

Message 34 of 35 (1,042 Views)

★★★ Newbie

This is ridiculous. I am not buying EA games until they lift the age restriction. I am the parent and decide what games my kids play. EA sports is not the parent. 

Message 35 of 35 (757 Views)