Need for Speed Most Wanted Will Not Launch

by consolevspc

Original Post

Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Will Not Launch

[ Edited ]
★ Apprentice

Performing a Clean Boot solved this issue for me right away.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

EA customer support me "something is fundamentally wrong with my computer" and "there is no wa we can help! You need to have someone fix your computer."

I ask at the NVIDIA Forums and get the right answer within a day. (https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/545244/pc-games/need-for-speed-most-wanted-2-nvidia-geforce...

Message 21 of 37 (3,337 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

This post was from months ago. I just bought the game (today) and I'm having this issue. Not only that. I have single monitor setup on 3x SLI (GTX680). And I'm running Windows 8 Pro x64 (fresh install and update from last night)...

I've tried all the suggestions (even though I only have one 1080p monitor running on 3-way GTX680 SLI). I've tried various compatibility configurations, tried single GPU, tried admin mode... I should have to try this hard to get a game to work - isn't that what EA paid Criterion to do? This is my first and last game from Criterion Games - sure they make ok console games, its ok because its cookie-cutter, but if you can't handle PC games, piss off let folks who know PC games do their thing.

EA, you should tell Criterion to piss off.

I'd like to remind everyone, EA is only the publisher, not the developer, Criterion is to blame for this BS.

Message 22 of 37 (3,199 Views)

★★★ Newbie

the thing is, EA know's this issue and isnt doing a damn thing about it. instead there still selling this game broken as it is and its awfully hard to get help from the,.

Message 23 of 37 (3,192 Views)

★ Novice

I have also now encountered this trouble. 

The game does not even fire up, i've read the "work arounds" which are hillariously funny like disable your gpu and disable your other monitors, reinstall windows!! but you have to be kidding right? Every other game i seem to have no troubles launching why is it constantly EA products that have fundimental flaws that are game breaking doesn't matter who the game creator is EA publish the products so there for are responsible for the continual screw ups. 

Now this game has been around for a while, you would expect issues like this to be resolved but no. 

My PC specification is plenty high enough to have no troubles (3930K, GTX690, SSD Drives, Win 7 Pro). 

So common EA it's time to pull your head out from so deep in the sand and to start addressing key problems, you wonder why you are repeatedly ranked the worst games company on the planet yet just a brief flick through this forum alone singles every alarm bell possible. 

I don't expect any EA help on this matter, if it's not been resolved thus far then it's more than likely a "deal with it" situation, of yet another EA title to burn and tell people to steer clear of. 

Seriously it's time to up your game and start listening to the people who buy your products. 

Message 24 of 37 (3,115 Views)

★ Apprentice

I have this issue as well. I have tried everything that has been said, from reinstalling the game, to disabling my nvidia graphics card. Nothing has worked. I have a nvidia gtx560 ti running on a single monitor in 1600x900 resolution. My computer can run every single other game including other need for speed games with no issues. I don't see what the problem could be.

Message 25 of 37 (3,077 Views)

★ Novice

sweeterdieter

The same exact thing happens to me.

I run windows 8.1 With an XFX Radeon R7 240

Nothing works..

I hope I did not spend $20 On a game that does not work.

Message 26 of 37 (3,004 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i need some help in my game from EAConfusedmileyindifferent:

Message 27 of 37 (2,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

please! help me

Message 28 of 37 (2,887 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i have had thios issuie since i got the game back in 2013,

sometmes i would launch others it would not, last year it has not launched at all, i uninstalled reinstalled, repaired it, done everything i can, still wont lainch i dont get any thing when i click play. computer just acts as if it was idle.

Message 29 of 37 (2,833 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@Airsrcknight 

Here are some additional suggestions:

1. Try to run the program with administrator privileges - Details -
  2. Launch the game from the game folder (not with the shortcut.)
  3. Try the compatibility troubleshooter - Details -
  4. Make sure the Game Client and Origin are both allowed to communicate through your firewall and are present to your security program’s “safe” or “allowed” list.
  5. Repair and/or re-install the game
  6. Scan your PC for Malwares
  7. Perform a Clean Boot

The Clean Boot process disables many background tasks that may be causing interference.

Launch the game only just after the clean boot (nothing else.)

8. Try the windowed mode  If you can play normally in windowed mode, then this issue is likely due to the screen resolution, you'll just need to adjust this setting. Launch the game and press Alt + enter simultaneously in order to trigger the windowed mode.
Message 30 of 37 (2,828 Views)