Need for Speed Most Wanted Direct X Installation Error

by EA_Dennis

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Need for Speed Most Wanted Direct X Installation Error

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

We are aware of an installation issue for Need For Speed Most Wanted where PC players may receive an error message relating to their Direct3D 11 not being installed.
It has been confirmed that this error is Origin Client related and not game related. Rest assured we are actively working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

While this issue is currently being addressed, players can implement the following workaround to install Need For Speed Most Wanted:

1. From the Start Menu, please navigate to the following folder directory: C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\D3D11Installer ***NOTE If you downloaded and installed the game to a location other than default, have a different operating system version, or have customized other options, this directory will be different from what is listed, and you will instead need to navigate to your Origin directory, wherever it may be.

2. Right-click on D3D11Install.exe and select Properties.

3. A Properties Window will appear with a series of Tabs to choose from. In the Compatibility Tab, select the Windows Vista (Service Pack 2) option for the Run this program in compatibility mode for field.

4. Under Privelige Level, ensure that "Run this Program as an Administator" is checked.

5. Click Apply and OKrestart Origin, and install Need for Speed Most Wanted normally.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for being an EA player.

Message 2 of 22 (120,753 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted Install

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi idoragealot

If you are still experiencing this issue, please try this workaround above posted by .

eadennis wrote:

We are aware of an installation issue for Need For Speed Most Wanted that may cause PC players to receive an error message relating to their Direct3D 11 not being installed. Rest assured we are actively working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

While this issue is currently being addressed, players can implement the following workaround to install Need For Speed Most Wanted:
  1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin (or any other location you have saved Origin in)
  2. Right-click on “eaproxyinstaller.exe” and select Properties.
  3. Click on the “Compatibility Tab"
  4. Make sure that “Run this program in compatibility mode for" is NOTchecked. This should be done for each user.
    • If “Run this program in compatibility mode for” is checked, click on “Change settings for all users”.
  5. Click Apply and click OK.
  6. Restart Origin and let NFSMW install normally.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while our team works on a resolution.

This should fix the problem with this error message. 

If you have any question just let us know.

Thank you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 22 (124,172 Views)

All Replies

Need For Speed Most Wanted Install

★★ Newbie

NFS comes out in a couple days so i purchase it and start the download. I then get stopped saying that i dont have the correct version of Direct3d 11 on my computer. I know i have directx 11 because i use it with saints row. How can i get bast the issue?

Message 1 of 22 (120,415 Views)

Re: Need For Speed Most Wanted Install

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hi idoragealot

If you are still experiencing this issue, please try this workaround above posted by .

eadennis wrote:

We are aware of an installation issue for Need For Speed Most Wanted that may cause PC players to receive an error message relating to their Direct3D 11 not being installed. Rest assured we are actively working to resolve this issue as quickly as possible.

While this issue is currently being addressed, players can implement the following workaround to install Need For Speed Most Wanted:
  1. Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin (or any other location you have saved Origin in)
  2. Right-click on “eaproxyinstaller.exe” and select Properties.
  3. Click on the “Compatibility Tab"
  4. Make sure that “Run this program in compatibility mode for" is NOTchecked. This should be done for each user.
    • If “Run this program in compatibility mode for” is checked, click on “Change settings for all users”.
  5. Click Apply and click OK.
  6. Restart Origin and let NFSMW install normally.

We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused and thank you for your patience while our team works on a resolution.

This should fix the problem with this error message. 

If you have any question just let us know.

Thank you.

Message 3 of 22 (124,173 Views)

Re: Need for Speed Most Wanted Direct X Installation Error

★★ Novice

My NFS is crashing again n again.. I am on Windows 8 and tried everything.. compatibility mode , directx install everything.. nothing seems to work.. this is getting quite frustrating for me.. cant play properly.. plz reply and help...

Message 4 of 22 (119,816 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I've attempted this way of trying to get the DirectX to install but it still does not work.

Message 5 of 22 (117,140 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

For me as well, tried it at least ten times but still ain't working. Getting f*%&$* tired of that retarded Origin, nothing but trouble!

I don't even have such a file, I have to rename D3D11Install.exe_DiP_STAGED tot D3D11Install.exe to even get to the compability screen, which doens't do anything!

Message 6 of 22 (115,673 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Sorry for the double post, but I've found another solution that worked. 

I splitted up my harddisk from the beginning I had my computer. And tried to install the game on the other part of the harddisk. Miraculously this did the trick for me, so if you have partitions trie that!

Message 7 of 22 (115,619 Views)

am also facing d same problem

★★ Novice

dude if u fine d reason pls do let me knw to solve the problem Frown

Message 8 of 22 (115,471 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Nfs game, I have a problem. The first when I was playing the game normally. But now NOT playing.

The error is:
Faulting application name: NFS13.exe, version: 1.1.0.0, time stamp: 0x50893dc4
Incorrect module name: unknown, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Error 0x00000000 distance
Incorrect transaction ID: 0x17dc
The application start time: 0x01cdd1f55ea6addb
Faulting application path: C: \ Program Files (x86) \ Origin Games \ Need for Speed (TM) Most Wanted \ NFS13.exe
Broken module path: unknown
Report ID: ae8e2529-3de8-11e2-a3c4-001fd0da7e94

Somehow I managed to play. It just. I click the exe file and running the game at the bottom. (Sub-Tab). NFS Most Wanted is opened in another program that appears above the bottom.

I think there are sound and image distress. Dxdiagda possible.

Message 9 of 22 (115,058 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

My system had same problem. I was on windows 7 64 bit. I think a fresh install will fix it. Hopefully u install with the SP1 o else it takes forever to update. Anways I updated to windows 8 and it's fix. 

Message 10 of 22 (14,483 Views)