Re: NFS MOST WANTED -- bad glitch

by sii3nus

Original Post

NFS MOST WANTED -- bad glitch

★★★ Newbie

I am getting a bad bad glitch on NFS most wanted, the game has completely started over twice now loosing all of my progress,  it keeps all of my xp points but I am once again having to start the game completely over, its getting annoying considering I was almost half way through the game.

Will there be a patch available to fix this? again this is the second time and i've never had one game on the PS3 ever do this.

Its funny im once again at the beginning of the game and i have almost 1,000,000 points from my gameplay.

PLEASE HELP i just want to play the freaking game. not the same stuff over and over again that ive already completed.

Message 1 of 24 (9,291 Views)

★★★ Newbie

oh and this is the PS3 version

Message 2 of 24 (9,222 Views)

★ Apprentice

Only a guess here, but did you sign into autolog and connect.

It wouldnt save for me either until i actually connect to autolog in game as it didnt do it automaticly when i start the game. however, this was on pc version, but still uses almost al the same menus etc

Message 3 of 24 (9,194 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I could not tell, the deal is, after about 3 days of play and normal auto saving, the next time I go to turn it on it all of a sudden starts from the beginning. Loosing all progress, what is wierd is that the track times and speed cam speeds i've posted are all still there, except nothing is actually completed and I have to start all over from the beginning.

The first time this happened the game froze up,  I sat there for 5 minutes seeing if it would stop, anyways had to manually shut the game off,  then when I started it all my saved progress was gone, the second time it happened nothing had froze or anything,  I was just playing it, quit, then started playing it again hours later and once again starting completely over.  This has never done this on any other NFS i've ever had, I've had every NFS since the original on the panasonic 3DO

Message 4 of 24 (9,167 Views)

★★ Apprentice

The games doesn't Have an option to disable the autosave, which could suggest something dodgy with your console hdd.

Is the drive particularly full?

Is it an old console?

Have you replaced the drive at any point?

If the game froze whilst in the middle of a save, it may Have corrupted the same to the point that the game cannot write to it anymore.

Is the save game appearing in the save game list on the console at all?

Have you tried backing up the save onto a USB stick then manually deleting any corrupted data?

Message 5 of 24 (9,155 Views)

★★★ Newbie

k if im going really fast and a player or cop is going slow and i run in to him i get crashed somtimes

and non realated but why did u guys make the standerd cops and suv cops almost just as fast as the corvte cops

also the swat trucks have to much accel i mean they can go fast realisticly but just take some time

Message 6 of 24 (9,131 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I'm not aware if Most Wanted takes it's file saving architecture from previous games or not but The Run had the same issue for a small number of players on the PS3.  If I recall, the issue was popping up with PS3 Slim and could have been as a result of some interaction with the firmware.  Sony puts game stability improvements in most of their firmware updates.  I recommend updating to the latest issue if you haven't yet.  If that doesn't work then try contacting them to see if they've considered issuing a stability patch (although you're not likely to get the response you'd like but it never hurts to ask).

I honestly don't see how replacing the harddrive would be an issue but an old drive might very well be picking up bad sectors as a result of it's age.  The only way to bypass that ... To be honest I can't think of anything that'll let you bypass that since you likely can't start a new game and have two saved game files without creating a new user account on the console.  Essentially deleting the file will free up the space where the error is but since the PS3 doesn't have physical management software for bad sectors (as far as I'm aware) you'll just end up saving any new games in the same physical space and the issue will pop up again.

I hope at least some of this will help you.

Look Alfred, I'm Batman not a millionaire playboy!
Message 7 of 24 (9,129 Views)

★★★ Newbie

The same thing is happening in the iPad version. After some progress, i got stuck there. No matter how much i progress, after relaunching the app, everything is gone. Tried with origin login, but doesn't help. It just shows the XP earned. Frustrating experience. Other than that the game would have been

a keeper.

Message 8 of 24 (9,021 Views)

★★★ Newbie

i've had the exact same problem, today. My ''SpeedPoints'' are there but ALL my progress is gone Frown i dont want to do the same stuff again and find all the cars. Game progress was 50% 

This glitch happened when i went on multiplayer for the first time and it just froze...... i shut the PS3 down, started again n boom!!! everythings GONE. 

Please Help anyone EA or some User Disappointed

Message 9 of 24 (8,856 Views)

★★ Novice

Same thing happend to me!!!!!!

Message 10 of 24 (8,852 Views)