Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

by dadoftwins

Original Post

Re: Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

★★ Novice

That's not really relevant to this topic rapid537...
The problem is completely different and Criterion isn't Maxis last time I checked.

Message 71 of 94 (1,536 Views)

★★★ Newbie

bought the game last Wednesday and have had the same problem the first time I tried a mw race it worked fine but since it has been laggy in cut scene then back to windows the rest of the game if fine I am playing at 800 x 600 margin 72

I have a NVidia 9400 gt and a amd dual core 2.7 so the game is sluggish at higher specs I know its not my hardware since the rest of the game is fine and you guys all have the same problem hope there is a fix soon its an amazing game

Message 72 of 94 (1,488 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I am also having the problem on all of my computers, laptop is i7-2670 12GB of RAM, ATI 5870.  Desktop is i7-940, 12GB of RAM, GTX690 newest available non-beta drivers for both systems, tried all the suggested adjustments and even set the game to lowest settings and still getting crashes windowed and full screen.  A computer I built 6 months ago at work is running the game and has never been onlined so it has no patches runs flawlessly through MW races, It's config is AMD FX-8350, 16GB of RAM, GTX670.  All systems running Windows 7 64bit.  This problem has been going on for way too long, can we not just get a rollback of the patch and they can work on it, ten release the patch when its ready?

Message 73 of 94 (1,450 Views)

★★ Novice

They don't really seem to care that we're experiencing this problem. A little reply like "we're working on it" would be nice; instead of something like "Send us your Dxdiag... it's your computer's fault", when we obviously know it isn't.

Message 74 of 94 (1,437 Views)

★ Novice

Guys since Criterion is doing nothing i just started to look at some settings and behaviour and... I found temporary solution for this annoying crashes. Go to My documents -> Criterion -> config, open it with notepad and change line LockTo30 to TRUE. 

Works fine for me. I could start race (dont skip cinematic!), but i lost. So i started again (again cinematic...) and lost 2nd time. 3rd time my game crashed. But when i launch it again, i could win the race. So it's not the 100% problem solution, but at least u can play this freaky race. 

I noted, that game will go to race when cinematic is relatively smooth. When it does slide show, game will crash. So maybe we need to lower our graphic settings? Just try it and say if it works for you too. 

I'm gonna race all night today!

Message 75 of 94 (1,404 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

@raaistlin sry bad english, men if you want to disable 30fps lock you can put the game on windowed mode + 30fps false. With that i have the same results, i can play MW races again :D 

In my case, my pc is very poor...i have to go with the lock...so if i do your solution i have poor perfonmance :/ 

Message 76 of 94 (1,389 Views)

★★★ Novice

Well theres no fun playing at low fps when your Machine can handle a lot more....

EA has to fix it else I want my money back...Confusedmileymad:

Message 77 of 94 (1,342 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, about the lockTo30 thing. I did some benchmarking and made a bit of a weird discovery. When lockTo30 is on, the minumum and maximum frame rate come out at both 30. With lockTo30 disabled, the min is 30 and the max is 60. It seems that lockTo30 dosen't improve performance at all, it just creates the illusion the game is running at a smooth frame rate. It seems that a slowdown from 60 fps to 30 is noticeable even though it shoudn't be(al least according to physcology). Hmmm....

Message 78 of 94 (1,336 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same issue, and can't find any way around it.

I have played this game for 3 hours and spent twice that getting past the load screen, and now I'm stuck at the beginning of the game.

Nothing of the suggestions here have any effect.

I'm supriced that there is so large issues hanging around now, when they vere reported in January!

I have created a ticked With EA, hope they/you get back to me soon.

Thanks.

Message 79 of 94 (1,294 Views)

★★ Novice

if i do lock to 30fps the stutter is completly gone for me but then i get the other issue that the cutscenes for most wanted races and the annimation for changing cars are running very slow and sometimes cause game crashes, if there was a way to make cutscenes run at normal 60 fps and game on 30 fps lock then that would solve all problems

Message 80 of 94 (2,092 Views)