Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

by dadoftwins

Original Post

Re: Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

★★ Novice

There is one simple solution for EA until they find a fix. Let us have an option to disable the Most Wanted Race cutscenes, because that's most likely the cause of all these crashes.

Message 51 of 94 (1,312 Views)

★★★ Novice

Freezes on Most Wanted races car intro videos.

Nvidia GTX550 Ti

314.21 Beta driver

Game run smoothly except this Most Wanted races cutscenes.

Message 52 of 94 (1,301 Views)

★ Apprentice

Since the last fix , and for the first time in all fixes, game freezes every couple of races.

it freezes in a way that the only way to get out is to push Ctrl+Alt+del and to kill the process manually.

please fix this at once!

Message 53 of 94 (1,292 Views)

★ Novice

Same problem for me...

SO FRUSTRATING!

Hopefully a fix is released soon, because this bug sort of breaks the "campaign" of the game Confusedmileymad:

Message 54 of 94 (1,269 Views)

★★★ Newbie

MW Cutscenes aren't working here either.

AMD Radeon HD 7800

Win 8 Pro 64-bit

1440x900 (Native monitor Resolution)

Message 55 of 94 (1,260 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Platform: PC

Most of you have probably tried this already but I have seen that adjusting the resolution might resolve the issue for some players.

So the first check is to make sure the screen resolution (Win.7: Control Panel-->Appearance and Personalization-->Display-->Screen Resolution) matches to the Game screen resolution or try to adjust it.

Answer: That part is going to annoy me if its a problem

Are you playing with the display on multiple screens?

Answer:  Yes, is this a problem with this game?

Can you confirm the issue is not occurring if playing windowed mode?

Answer: yes and I would not have it any other way.

What is your graphic card?

Nvidia GTX 550ti

Version 310.70

In game menu (Option-->Display--> Margin scale) is set to 100% ?

Yes

Annoying mostly for the fact that this is the free game I got for Simcity being such a mess.  $80 bucks shelled out and I cant play either game.  Thanks.

So when is this one going to be fixed?

Message 56 of 94 (1,256 Views)

★★★ Novice

I hope EA would be doing a QA before releasing their patches. If they are doing they need to do it more rigorously. 

Message 57 of 94 (1,219 Views)

★ Novice

Hi,

I have done everything you have mentioned and the game still crashes during most wanted cutscenes as well as randomly.

I am not playing on multiple screens.

I can confirm the game crashes in windowed mode as well.  

Graphics card:  AMD Radeon HD 6970M

Margin is set to 100%

I cannot get a response from EA on anything, it is becoming quite frustrating would like to be able to play my game.

Thanks.

Message 58 of 94 (1,193 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I've had some success with installing AMD beta drivers and letting the cutscene run (not skipping it). It still plays atrociously (Perhaps a few frames/second), but I seem to get past it about 75% of the times now. The three times I tried to skip all locked it for me. Running standard settings except vsync locked.

An option to skip cutscenes would indeed be very helpful, as the problem does seem to be with the MW cutscenes.

Message 59 of 94 (1,191 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I'm having the same issue. I was offered this game due to the issues Sim City (2013) had upon launch, as some others posted here. After reading through this forum and hearing other accounts of how poorly EA is handling issues such as these, I can definitely say I won't be purchasing any more products from EA or that have anything to do with Origin. Origin is easily cracked and from what I can find older patches are downloadable from sites if you know where to look. Next time I find I've been dealt a lemon .. at least I can sleep easily knowing i didn't waste $60 + EA/Origin.... you can politely go find a useful function.
Message 60 of 94 (1,097 Views)