Re: Game stops and crashes at 'Most Wanted' cutscenes

by EA_Najat

Original Post

★★ Novice

Heya 

I have the same problem. Bought the game this Thursday . Looking forward to a cool racing weekend ... forget it Frown

And it is ONLY the most wanted battles that crash the game. And just before that the cutscene video is dodgy.

Message 11 of 94 (5,790 Views)

★★★ Novice

Having this problem too. I tried a few things and noticed 2 things that might help in solve the problem.

1. The cutscenes work much better at "standard" resolutions (eg. 1280x720, or 1920x1080)

2. The crash can be avoided by pressing a key before you press the "Skip" key. (wait till you see the icon that tells you which key skips the video)

I think the crash may be due to some upscaling or codec issue. It's not such a big thing for me, since the game never crashesCake, but those videos are really cool(watched them outside game) and I'd really like to enjoy them. FIX IT CRITERION!

Message 12 of 94 (5,778 Views)

★★ Novice

The resolution I'm playing on is 1920x1080 on a HD TV

and indeed , sometimes( I'd say 3 out of 5 tries ) the skip movie idea works ( hit another button and then the esc ) , but the other times it just locks up.

Now I'm not a particulary good racer, so I need a few more tries than the usual race-gamers. So it gets pretty annoying that the program locks up and I need about 2 minutes to restart it all

Message 13 of 94 (5,742 Views)

★★★ Novice

I've had a bit of a break-through...

I managed to install the game and bypass the updates, so I was basically playing with version 1.0

The cutscenes work PERFECTLY. No lag, no crash, just beautiful video. So I think this definitely surfaced in a recent update. I will try updating again tomorrow to see if that breaks it again but I'm silently optimistic since this time I installed it to my system drive instead of my secondary.

Seriously?! Updates are meant to fix things, not break them!

Message 14 of 94 (5,729 Views)

★ Apprentice

How did you bypass the updates? When I started having this issue (which was immediately following the 1/17 patch), one of the first ideas I had was to uninstall & reinstall....but I was unable to get Origin to NOT install the updates. Just curious what I might have missed. Since it doesn't appear a patch that fixes the patch is forthcoming, rolling back to pre-patch would be nice...or would at least make the game playable again.

Message 15 of 94 (5,724 Views)

★★★ Novice
I just cancelled it while it was downloading. Origin didn't complain and weirdly enough the game could still play online. The only downside is that updates do actually fix things(despite my earlier comments) and the game is probably a little unstable compared to the updated version and I'd rather run with the update. But I'll see tomorrow...
Message 16 of 94 (5,719 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, I just updated and as I suspected the videos are broken again. I definitely think this is not an isolated or chance configuration problem and am expecting a fix in the next update. They evidently got it right once, they just have to go back to that. Criterion has to notice this, but in the meantime, I think we just need to be patient.

Message 17 of 94 (5,711 Views)

★ Apprentice

Agree with being patient. That said, I first reported this issue about 2 days after the 'patch' was released (1/17). Finally got a response back on the ticket I have open with EA regarding this issue, so we'll see!

Message 18 of 94 (5,708 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager (retired)

Hello everyone,

I will try to assist with this issue and I have a few questions.

Platform: PC

Most of you have probably tried this already but I have seen that adjusting the resolution might resolve the issue for some players.

So the first check is to make sure the screen resolution (Win.7: Control Panel-->Appearance and Personalization-->Display-->Screen Resolution) matches to the Game screen resolution or try to adjust it.

Are you playing with the display on multiple screens?

Can you confirm the issue is not occurring if playing windowed mode?

What is your graphic card?

In game menu (Option-->Display--> Margin scale) is set to 100% ?

Thank you. 

Message 19 of 94 (5,684 Views)

★ Novice

HI i tested all the advices you gave here.

The matching screen resolution didnt do anything, still lags on the cutscene.

Im playing on a single screen.

The problem occurs even in window mode.

I got Ati radeon 7570.

Option > Display > margin scale is set to 88%

Message 20 of 94 (5,646 Views)