Frame Rate Drops in NFS Most Wanted PC

by mikeybabs

Original Post

Re: Frame Rate Drops in NFS Most Wanted PC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Dont know if this will help u, but i had the exact same problem and it was a game killer for me. 

Well i play on a gamer laptop and it adjust the boost power on my GPU (and CPU) automatically, but i start to monitor the "GPU Mhz" on my G13 display when i was playing and found out that sometimes the game wont "wake up" the GPU.. And that causes the GPU to run at 135-200 Mhz.

It should run at max (770-850 Mhz) when a game is running..!

My GPU is a Geforce GTX 780M, so i looked at Nvidia Control Panel and set the parameters at full power ("Prefer Maximum Performance").

Since my system is Danish i wont write what it says, but look at someting like this in your Graphic Control Setting:

Manage 3D settings -  "Prefer Maximum Performance" or similar. 

For me it made the game alot more fun to play and i have no "suddenly " framedrops as i use to have!

I could imagine that it could help on a stationary as well on a laptop :-)

Message 441 of 443 (4,243 Views)

★★★ Newbie

For AMD/ATI Users , Turn your "Geometracy Detail" to low and it will be smoother like 85% it only changes the far of view to x4 instead of x16 which makes your FPS drops , Hope it works with you (=
------
P.S : -
CPU : Intel Core i5-3450 Quad 3.1GHz.
GPU : Radeon R9 270X PowerColor 2GB DDR5 OC TurboDuo Edition.
RAM : 8 GB 798MHz.
PSU : CM 500W
Win 8.1 x64

Message 442 of 443 (3,708 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I think most wanted 2012 is a failer bay problem,most wanted 2005 best every think is ok even on low end computer or laptop

Message 443 of 443 (969 Views)