Help us improve Answers HQ! Take Survey No, Thanks

Error Code 40050000

by Pierreogden

Original Post

Error Code 40050000

★★★★★ Newbie
I've just got Need For Speed and I can't connect I keep getting error code 40050000
Message 1 of 13 (15,156 Views)

Re: Error Code 40050000

Community Manager

@Pierreogden

Can you try the steps here please: http://answers.ea.com/t5/Need-for-Speed-Most-Wanted/need-for-speed-error-code-800d0000/m-p/171162#M7...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 2 of 13 (15,125 Views)

★★★ Newbie
I have the same problem with a xbox one.
Message 3 of 13 (12,821 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

This has happened to me as well.I just wait until the next day and it usually works fine after that

Message 4 of 13 (12,627 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I am having the same issue with Need for Speed on my PS4. I searched the internet and have tried multiple suggestions, but I cannot figure it out. I am stuck on the loading screen of the game with a message to check my internet connection as the game cannot connect to the EA Servers.

The PS4 is wired to my router/modem (Technicolor TC8305C). I use Comcast/Xfinity. I can connect to the PlayStation Store, my PSN account, and I can download apps/updates. My PSN and EA/Origin profiles are linked.

I have also opened ports as noted here:

https://help.ea.com/en/article/opening-tcp-or-udp-ports-for-connection-issues/

On the PS4 Settings => Network => Test Internet Connection screen, there is a message that the router in use might not support IP packet fragmentation.

Thoughts on what I should try next? Consequently, I also have Star Wars: Battlefront. I have the same issue: I cannot connect to EA Servers, but at least I can play it offline unlike NFS Frown

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated! Happy Leap Day 2016!

Ben

Message 5 of 13 (12,516 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I actually fixed it. I disabled my firewall which permitted me to access the online features. I then started to update my firewall to block ICMP, IDENT (port 113), etc. until I figured out the best combination to allow game play and keep my network 'safe'.

Thanks

Ben

Message 6 of 13 (12,497 Views)

★★★ Newbie
last night I played need for speed but I can't play
it today I just keep geting error 4005000
Message 7 of 13 (7,832 Views)

Community Manager

@Bakuretsu01@sc0oby05@pouyadh07

Please let us know if any of the posts marked as solution via the following link are helpful, thanks.

http://answers.ea.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?filter=location%2CsolvedThreads&q=4005000&sol...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 8 of 13 (6,135 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

You saw a possible solution of another error of another game. Get real!

We spent our money here. Can we get a serious answer help? or we should go cry to our mama?

Message 9 of 13 (4,363 Views)

★★★★ Newbie

I have the same problem as well and i can t find any information about how should i fix it. It s very sad.

Message 10 of 13 (4,362 Views)

fifa-19-promo-splash

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help