Re: DLC packs not showing up (Terminal Velocity, Movies, NFS Heroes)

by hasanjaroudi

Original Post

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

"The issue you are reporting here looks similar indeed. Before being able to confirm this and investigating this issue, we  need to collect more information and also see if other players are experiencing the same problem, we need to identify if this is happening in a particular platform or not..."

Oh c'mon, stop giving me text book answers. I don't need that, it's a waste of time.

This is the same issue, plain and simple. It's not like some DLC content appears and some doesn't. Either everything appears, or nothing appears.

It is a bug with the DLC system of Most Wanted 2012. Period. It happens in all 3 major plataforms (PC, PS3, X360). There are been reports of that. The game assumes you didn't buy the DLC, even though you did and had access to it until the game was shut down.

What bothers me the most is that I spent 35€ in extra content and I CAN'T USE THAT CONTENT!! [edited]  I'm so pissed off with this. And I can't even complain or ask for a REFUND because I know it won't happen! You have all those pesky agreements that simply mean I was robbed.

Really, I was stupid to buy the Deluxe Bundle, but I hoped a fix had been found when a +4GB update was available. Guess I was wrong and [edited] EA is laughing at me and at another costumers for tricking them once again. "Give us your money, that's all we want".

Reminds me to keep my hard-earned money for proper companies who care about their costumers. Read that as you want, the message is clear.

Message 11 of 85 (10,433 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

I just bought this for PC as well. I cannot access ANY of the items in this DLC. When I try to click my username in the Origin interface, it says the servers are overwhelmed. Because of this, I cannot access ANY of my DLC and the game puts me at the wrong savepoint.

PLUS any time there is a problem connecting to Origin servers, NONE of my purchased DLC shows up. I know this because I am saved in the Hennessey vehicle, yet I come up to a yellow Porsche with none of my upgrades installed. Though, my custom license plate shows up, so that shows the game connected at some point.

If we PAY for DLC, it should show up whether we are connected to Origin or not. I paid for the software. I believe the manner in which DLC is tied to the online accessibility of Origin servers should be looked at from a Class Action standpoint.  If we BOUGHT the content, it should be unlocked and available at all times. Period.

Origin, you need to get this fixed.

Message 12 of 85 (10,413 Views)

★★ Novice
Hi i also bought the nfs heroes pack on ps3 and installed it. However, when i enter the game they tell me that i didnt get it and that in prder to access the nfs heroes i must buy it. It drove me crazy, plz help i spent 10$ for it and i would really like this issue fixed please.
Message 13 of 85 (10,409 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

@davidinark: That's exactly what happens when you leave the game in a DLC car and then come back to it. If you spawn in a yellow Porsche 911 (991) Carrera S, with no mods installed, then you know the DLC content is gone. That's what happens to me everytime now. The location is always the same, in some place with dirt, I guess that's one of the three jackspots of the Porsche.

The only way I manage to access the content is to unninstall the game, and then install it again. It will work ONE time. Once the game is turned off, the content is gone. I'm not going to download and install +6GB of data just to access content I should access anytime...

Message 14 of 85 (10,405 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

Just to make sure this issue doesn't go unnoticed, and to try and help someone, here's a list of all the fixes that other users of this forum found out. They worked previously, not for everyone, but for some. So, give it a go. Confusedmileyhappy:

Fix 1

1. Run Origin
2. Enter the game. If you can't see the new cars, quit the game (do not quit Origin)
3. Go to directory C:\ProgramData\Origin (this is a hidden folder); inside this directory, delete the file local.xml
4. Enter the game again and see if the new cars are there.

Fix 2

1. Go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Origin Games\Need for Speed(TM) Most Wanted\__Installer
2. In this directory delete the files installerdata.xml and installlog.txt

3. Enter the game again and see if the new cars are there.

PS: You can try fix 1 and 2 at the same time to see if it helps.

Fix 3

1. Enter the game
2. Go to EasyDrive > Store
3. Once prompt to enter the Store, press ENTER
4. A revolving white circle will appear while the Store is loaded; quickly double tap the ESC key.

5. The new cars should appear, if not, repeat steps 1 to 4 until it works.

Fix 4

Reinstall the game. This one will work for sure, for you have to do it everytime you want the DLC content.

I've tried deleting a few folders and files from the game directory and have Origin download them again, but to no avail. The "vehicles" folder should fix the issue, but deleting it and downloading a new one doesn't help. I can't decrypt any of the files, so the content of each one is unknown. If you could just delete part or all the DLC-related files, maybe that would help.

To EA: I hope you guys are paying attention to this and ACTUALLY finding a **bleep** fix.

Message 15 of 85 (10,392 Views)

★ Apprentice

Im also having the same issue man. All the DLC's are not showing up and stuff. Please fix this as soon as possible.

Message 16 of 85 (10,367 Views)

★★★ Novice

hydropt, thank you so much! Standard smile
The last third tip works for me Confusedmileyvery-happy:

Message 17 of 85 (10,347 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

I'm glad some of the fixes work for at least some players. For me, nothing works apart from a complete reinstall, which I refuse to do EVERYTIME I WANT TO PLAY!

It's ridiculous, still no answer from Criterion or EA. WHERE IS THE DLC I PAID FOR? WHERE IS THE FIX?

Funny thing is, if I play online, I can access the DLC exclusive mods, can play in DLC-exclusive Speedlists, and the game crashes everytime I unlock a DLC car to use online. Which is great, I don't have the cars in SP or in MP, and I can't even play for a decent amount of time because it just crashes.

Message 18 of 85 (10,336 Views)

Re: [Logs request] - DLC packs not showing up (Ultimate Speed, Terminal Velocity, Movies, NFS Heroes)

★★★ Novice

dude we bought the stupid dlc pack terminal velocity it worked fine the first day i.e yesterday but however we try to access it the next i.e. today ...poof ...and whadydya know EA DOES IT AGAIN...!!!ITS GONE I ACCESS THE GAME THE SIMILAR WAY AND IT SAYS  YOU HAVE TO BUY THE PACK IM LIKE WHAT DID I DO THEN BOY HELP AND POST THAT BLOODY PROMOTION CODE FOR ALL THE TROUBLE UVE PUT ME THRU DID I ANSWER your QUESTION BOY

Message 19 of 85 (10,186 Views)

★★ Novice

I've purchased the Ultimate Speed pack and I'm unable to access any of the cars within in, when I try to "jump to" the cars within the game I am directed to the store. Once the store has loaded it says I have already purchased the content.

C'mon EA. Give us a meaningful update on the progress of your fix.

This thread needs to be kept alive as EA have basically taken money from customers and delivered NOTHING. If anyone other than a large corporation tried that it would be considered theft.

Message 20 of 85 (10,172 Views)