Re: Controller Support - Joy stick - Wheels

by sii3nus

Original Post

★ Apprentice

The logitech gamepad I use was reconized just fine, but you have to map/bind each key manually.

Message 21 of 40 (5,866 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I thought somebody had learned something when Hot Pursuit got patched, and The Run supported steering wheels, but apparently not.

I guess I won't be buying this one either.

Message 22 of 40 (5,858 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

The Facebook manager for Need for Speed has informed me that an official response should be coming within the next day or two concerning this situation.

Look Alfred, I'm Batman not a millionaire playboy!
Message 23 of 40 (5,851 Views)

★ Guide

I am extremely pleased to say that my old trusty CH 2 Axis 5 Button USB joystick works beautifully with this game. I can even configure it anyway I want in game. Thank you so much Criterion for keeping DirectInput alive!

Message 24 of 40 (8,912 Views)

★ Apprentice

Where is the official response from the facebook manager? What is the deal with wheels?

Thanks

Mike

Message 25 of 40 (5,763 Views)

Re: NFW Most Wanted 2 G27 Support?

★★★ Newbie

My g27 works fine with the game. however I dont use a clutch.

Message 26 of 40 (5,740 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi everyone,

I would like to provide additional information regarding controllers in general (PC):

*Setting up a Controller/Peripheral for use with a PC

In order to calibrate a controller/racing wheel/peripheral for use in supported titles, you simply need to install the software that came with the item. Additionally, you may be able to visit your controller/peripheral manufacturer's site to download drivers and other software that may assist you in getting the most out of your gaming experience.

Here are some of the common manufacturers of peripherals. This is not an inclusive list, and may not list all manufacturers

*Please note that Need For Speed Most Wanted does support DirectX and inputx devices

Article also available in our help center

Message 27 of 40 (5,685 Views)

★ Apprentice
Thank you for that additional information. I'm just wondering if the force feedback support for Logitech wheels will be tweaked in future patches? Possibly with the ability to customize various aspects of it in the options? My Logitech g25 wheel works but I miss the force feedback that past need for speed titles gave, specifically with being able to feel the wheel rumble while using nitrous boost. Is there a way to ask a developer to add that to the game? Thanks very much. It's a great game that would be perfect in my eyes with additional controller support Standard smile
Message 28 of 40 (5,653 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Always play racing games on my logitech driving force steering wheel it was great for nfs the run so thought it would be the same on nfs most wanted but its a load of rubbish. It does work but get loads of play in the steering and theres no steering wheel support settings Confusedmileysad:

Waste of money, do hope ea sort this problem out...

Message 29 of 40 (5,638 Views)

★ Apprentice

i'm glad other NFS players agree with me, The Run had the steering with support great, wish it transfered over to Most Wanted! It's the most wanted feature! Standard smile

Message 30 of 40 (5,600 Views)