by tarka_db

Original Post

Re: Autolog constantly disconnecting & Multiplayer / Autolog Issues

★★ Apprentice

really bad today...cant connect to autolog even for a moment

Message 91 of 162 (1,490 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Can't seem to do more than one event online, then I get auto kicked because autolog loses connection... any fixes yet for this? Been almost 2 months now with this being a very known and widespread issue.....

Message 92 of 162 (1,477 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I still cant believe that this is not fixed,  Please EA, just let it not either use Origin, or let it use like steam.  Its not fun tring to play a game that only works if you buy the xbox version.  Then why sell a PC version, excpet to screw people over.

Message 93 of 162 (1,413 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Since its been about two months, without a fix, or even ackowledging the issue, as their fault, and not "Hey its yur comptuer"  We should just post daily "Hey its not fixed yet"

Message 94 of 162 (1,405 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Don't buy EA games at launch. Wait til they are fixed and you won't have to pay as much.

Message 95 of 162 (1,371 Views)

Re: Autolog constantly disconnecting

★ Novice

UP ! 

Why it takes so long to be resolved ? Why ? we all have paid for that ? ... Unable to stay connected more than 2min. Confusedmileymad:

Message 96 of 162 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Novice

I own this game on both the Vita and PC.  The Vita version connects and all is well.  However, the PC version is constantly disconnecting.  I have not been able to keep an active connection for more than 30 seconds.  

• I've opened up all of my ports through DMZ mode on my router
  • Reverted back to just opening the required ports as found on other websites
  • Launched Origin and game as Admin
  • Disabled other "smart security" features on modem/router
  • Disabled antivirus firewall

Nothing is working.

I contacted EA support about the issue and they had me report the results of using UOTrace.  The only thing that they could respond back to me right before they closed the case was that my internet service provider must be blocking me from accessing the Autolog servers.  Although that may be the issue (and even then that's difficult to tell whether or not that is the case), my feeling is that when a game is developed, should the developers not try to see if there will be a problem with the online service of their game and an ISP before they launch it?  In my case, I have AT&T U-verse and have the 2-Wire modem and router all-in-one.  That is actually one of the more well-known ISPs...at least in my area...

Just a question for the forum:  What ISP do you guys have?  Now I'm curious to see if it's happening with other service providers.

Message 97 of 162 (1,271 Views)

★★ Novice

Just thought  I'd post to say we tried again tonight after another month.

No improvement.

Out of 5 of us 2 disconnected in the first race of the speed list and only 1 of us was still in the game by the 4th.

I'm pretty much done with EA / Criterion games at this point. Love the look of the new simcity but "always on internet connection". I trust my ISP more than I trust EA to keep their end up.

Message 98 of 162 (1,192 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

OK I haven't seen or heard of a fix for this game so I guess this is it:catmad: you got our money so your happy **bleep** your customers basically OK kool

Message 99 of 162 (1,162 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

I have the same thing a 2wire at&t modem and I can play every game online with no problem

Message 100 of 162 (1,160 Views)