settings for controller not saved

by b3lun

Original Post

Accepted Solution

settings for controller not saved

★ Novice

The game does not save the settings of the wheel. I am choosing my wheel in the settings, Logitech G920, and exit settings, but then, in game, it does not work. When I go back to settings, they are reset to the default controller.

The driver software from logitech is seeing my wheel as connected. 

I looked the folder file C:\Users\belun\Documents\Need For Speed\settings and after I play with the settings in game, the files in there get modified (so the game has the rigths to modify the files). So what the actual * is wrong with this game?

Before the last update, I got it working (no clue how but at some point it started working). After the latest update, same problem... This is frustrating!!

Message 1 of 4 (265 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: settings for controller not saved

EA DICE Team

@b3lun

This question seems obvious but I have to ask: are you sure that you save the settings properly within the game?

If so, try running your system in a clean boot to see if there are any background programs conflicting with the game. Additionally, try right-clicking the Need for Speed folder in Documents and make sure you double-check the folder rights by selecting Properties, Security.

View in thread

Message 2 of 4 (253 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@b3lun

This question seems obvious but I have to ask: are you sure that you save the settings properly within the game?

If so, try running your system in a clean boot to see if there are any background programs conflicting with the game. Additionally, try right-clicking the Need for Speed folder in Documents and make sure you double-check the folder rights by selecting Properties, Security.

Message 2 of 4 (254 Views)

★ Novice

it kind of started working. i think it is related to other usb gadgets that you have and that are listed before the wheel (like a razer orbweaver ; just plug it off for first time wheel configuration)

Message 3 of 4 (234 Views)

EA DICE Team

@b3lun

Yes, such programs are highly likely to cause conflicts. Thanks for coming back to the forums to confirm.. Standard smile

Message 4 of 4 (224 Views)