Wrap Editor and keyboard>controller transposing BUG in PC

by TheZeNinja

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Wrap Editor and keyboard>controller transposing BUG in PC

★★★★★ Novice

After the last update when I tried to create or edit a wrap but i couldn't get out of the layers section (if editing), so i couldn't move the decal

If I inserted a new decal i could actionally get out of the layer section, but the decal would not actualy appear and I also couldn't get out of the placing decal camera, so if i wanted to get out i would have to force down the game because i couldn't even go to the menu

For another awkward reason after the update, the game can't transpose from the keyboard to the controller so, even though the controller works and I can use it in game, all the informations appear like i was playing with keyboard

I tried disconnect the mouse and the keyboard and then open the game working only with controller and still appears as i was playing with keyboard

This problem of the transposition to the controller was also not existent before the update

Resume:

Can't use wrap editor unless downloading wraps from the community and using the ones that i created before

Game can't transpose from keyboard to controller although it works

Hope I explain it decently, if not ask and I will try to answer better

Message 10 of 42 (6,431 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Wrap Editor and keyboard>controller transposing BUG in PC

EA DICE Team

@DounldTrumpKill

Since our team hasn't been able to reproduce this issue it could in fact be an account specific issue. Our EA Advisors could potentially grant the game to another account on which you could test the game. Should it work there, then that would count as confirmation of this being an account issue.

I understand if you are busy and that you are not looking forward to spend more time on this. However, I am afraid that I don't have further solutions from my side that I can take you through via the forums. I therefore hope that our Advisors will be able to help you with further steps.

If you do have any more questions for me then feel free to reach out to me again. 

View in thread

Message 31 of 42 (7,346 Views)

All Replies

Wrap Editor Bug & Controller support broken

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Downloaded the update and wanted to start a new build since now we got more space:D

I jump into the decal editor with my R32 and what happens? nothing. I try to add just a plain square and nothing shows up. Then I think maybe its the same color as the car so I can't see it. Can't change color of the decal. Then I notice, ho snap I can't return to the menu. Just straight up stuck in the decal mode. Only way to get out of it is Force quite the game.... Anyone else having the same problem?

Also they did some tweek's to the controller support. Now my car accelerates by itself. I tried changing deadzone and sensitivty just like when I got the game at the start but not a single setting fixes it. Only thing that seems to stop the random acceleration is when I turn the camera or turn the wheels. Also I tried both with only keyboard or only Xbox Pad. Same results...

Here is Proof:

Random Acceleration - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5eR5Tn_RJc

Wrap Editor Bug - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hiq07INM-NE&feature=youtu.be

Message 1 of 42 (6,456 Views)

Re: Wrap Editor Bug & Controller support broken

★★★ Apprentice

Well I fixed the Acceleration problem. I deleted the ProfileSettings file and let the game generate a new set.

Can someone please from EA answer to me about my missing UI issue in the Wrap editor?

So far I deleted the Update folder in the game directory and redownloaded the update. Still missing UI in Wrap Editor.

Can someone please tell me if I uninstall do I loose my saved cars? Ill try a fresh install next if saved cars are stored in the cloud. 

Message 2 of 42 (6,438 Views)

★ Apprentice

Everything is saved on the server remember this is online game just like WoW. everything is not on your PC but on their server. So you can uninstall as much as you want everything is saved there.

Message 3 of 42 (6,432 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

ay cool man. Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to try a fresh install. If that doesn't solve my UI and controller issue then I don't know what will. What is FUBAR is that it was 100% fine before the update that we had about 20hr ago

Message 4 of 42 (6,426 Views)

★ Guide

@DounldTrumpKill quick question. What's the deal with your screen name? I'm a Trump supporter and if that means what I think it means, that's offensive to me and all the millions of people all over the United States and some parts of the World that support him. I urge you to change your name to a more appropriate one. These people out here issuing death threats towards him, need to be in jail for death threats against a Presidential Candidate. So I urge you to change it, or I will report it. 

Message 5 of 42 (6,423 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@XTwiztedChaosX Its actually a long story. The first time I created this name was playing Hidden And Dangrous 2 multiplayer in the early 2000s. Then I kept it for BF2, then BC2, then BF3.

Mainly all my shooters besides halo I run with that tag. If it offends you I appology's. Many people interprit it in diffrent ways. For example my clan leader thinks I have it because I support trump. 

Then there are supporters like you that take it offensive. 

What my idea behind it is (and mind you I was only a kid back then), imagine a guy like Trump or Scrooge McDuck with a cigar in his mouth and a heavy machine gun in their hands getting a * load of kills. That's what it is. Just because some people make their own minds up about the definition doesn't mean ill change mine. But I highly respect the fact that in my 20 years of gaming you were the first to ask about it.

I get it that it confuses people. Thats the point. Maybe its not the best need for speed name but hell good tag for battlefieldStandard smile

Message 6 of 42 (6,413 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

cleanup

Message 7 of 42 (6,408 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can see where you're coming from on that. Would be pretty funny to see. In a way, it's like what he would do on issues here in America. Deal with them full steam. So no problem man. Don't worry about it. I can understand the meaning you have with it. I know how gamertags/names can have a significant meaning to someone. You're good bro. 

* I also play games on Steam and other non-Steam/Origin games, so sometimes might not be on here for a day or so. Might be delays in replies from me.

Message 8 of 42 (6,373 Views)

★★★ Novice
I have the same problems (self accellerating cars and stuck in the wrap editor)... Frown
Deleting the settings file die not work for me.
Please post your solution here if you get one! Standard smile
Message 9 of 42 (6,359 Views)