The Multiplayer Of NFS 2015

by SupaKur

Original Post

Re: Multiplayer Matchmaking

★★★★ Apprentice

Agree 100%.  We need lobbies like every other racing game out there (forza, dirt, grid, the Crew).  EA simply refuses to acknowledge this issue.  We all want to race against other players!!!

Message 21 of 40 (1,070 Views)

Re: Multiplayer Matchmaking

★★★★★ Novice

Agree 100%

Message 22 of 40 (1,063 Views)

Multiplayer Lobbies & Blacklist

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Currently it is very hard for people to race others, in the limited 8 player, always online world.  Most often, these people don't want to 'Randomly' race opponents.  Bring back a multiplayer lobby and a Blacklist (world, nation, local, a la Most Wanted 2005)  and this should solve the problem.  Fans want to duke it out with others quickly and have a competitive incentive to see who's the best (the best of 8 players that always changes is hardly an incentive).  Multiplayer lobbies has worked for you before, it works for COD, Halo, Battlefield, and many other highly successful games.  This open world only scheme has been used twice (Rivals, NFS), it's not working.  I know you guys are trying to revolutionize the racing game genre, but this isn't it, it's isolating the players instead.  Where is the incentive for fans to continue playing after beating the story when they have to hunt down players just to get a race declined?  Most don't have NFS friends to duke it out every night, as a litmus test, try having fun with others WITHOUT your dev team or friends.  The fans are pleading for change.

This lobby option/menu doesn't necessarily have to take you out of the open world.  Have it where you can view/select the race you want through the map, or have additional functionality when you arrive at a race marker.  You could even have it as an additional tile when you click on the Pad on the PS4 controller, much like the Crew/Party tile.

Message 23 of 40 (1,110 Views)

Re: Multiplayer Lobbies & Blacklist

★★★★★ Novice

100% agree

Message 24 of 40 (1,098 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

EA refuses to acknowledge this issue.  We need lobbies.  It is nearly impossible to get other players into a race or crew.  The problem is lag.  This game lags out big time when people are actually racing together.  EA knows this and that is why there is no easy option for players to get together and race.   Hopefully EA/Ghost can fix the mp lag and add lobbies.  Otherwise the players will move on and this game will be collecting dust.  

It is a great single player game but that only goes so far.

Message 25 of 40 (1,084 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Pretty sure lag is not the problem. If there's any connectivity lag, it's most likely your own connection, rather than the servers. this game is not based on p2p networking, but has dedicated servers. Add the fact that a session only needs to host 8 players, it should be working fine.

I do agree however, we need lobbies desperately. Just not because of lag, but because of global matchmaking. the current system doesn't allow for that and it's drastically decreasing the longevity of this game which has so much potential. The reason NFSW survived for so long, despite the lack of new content and fixing of the game, was because of the customization possibilities (vinyl editor) and the multiplayer lobbies being very easily accessible. Not to mention it had dedicated servers. Probably the ones that are now being used for this game, although you shouldn't pin me down on that lol Tongue out

Message 26 of 40 (1,067 Views)

Re: The Multiplayer Of NFS 2015

★★ Apprentice
Yes.

The developers should do something about that.

The game in core is good,but how we can race easy the tracks we want with other racers? I want to have here just a simple matchmaking/lobby system,like need for speed world had! Choose a track,wait for players to join and then happy racing.

I don't even understand why this game is "only online".
Message 27 of 40 (1,334 Views)

Re: The Multiplayer Of NFS 2015

★★ Apprentice
And the "invite all" feature is a joke.Since release until now I was not able to race against other's players.
I getting boring to drive only with KI enemy's.
Yeah,its a "always online" game.
Message 28 of 40 (1,293 Views)

Would love some multiplayer options

★★ Novice

it would be nice to see some multiplayer lobbies like in 'NFS the run' or like in the crew that you can queue up through an event / through a phone app like gta 5

because lets be honest here... hoping the 8 players in your world lobby want to race (with other people not single player) is a pain... 

Message 29 of 40 (1,064 Views)

Multiplayer lobby

★★★★ Novice

Is there any chance there will be a multiplayer lobby? Every time I want t race or try people are either parked somewhere doing nothing or in there garage forever  and there's only so many people in a room                        

Message 30 of 40 (1,077 Views)