Re: Stutering on my AMD Crossfire

by DayDiSyraahSwano

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Stutering on my AMD Crossfire

★★★★ Novice

Hi, 

Looked through the forms and couldn't find my problem. So, Need for Speed for PC,,,,,, No matter what setting LOW to ULTRA I get massive studders. Heres my rig

Windows 10

cpu 9690 AMD liquid cooled

gpu 2ea r9 390x in CrossfireX Hotfix ver. 16.4.2

20Gbs ram

comcast blast internet. (100 Mbs)

Things done up till this point; uninstalled, reinstalled, verfived files, turned radeon on and off,.

Hope we can figure this out

Thx

Brian James

Message 1 of 8 (484 Views)

Accepted Solution

EA DICE Team

@DayDiSyraahSwano

This would depend on the in-game graphical settings. Though I never stated that everything runs at 60FPS without any dips. However, if anything below 60FPS would be unplayable for you then I am afraid that I won't be able to assist further.

Note that you are free to ask for assistance in the troubleshooting thread I linked. I however will not allow a further discussion along these lines.

View in thread

Message 7 of 8 (446 Views)

All Replies

EA DICE Team

@Briman44

I would recommend to first have a look at our PC troubleshooting article that details further steps that you can take.

Should the issue persists then the only other suggestion I have for you is to try and test if you still experience the same stuttering problem if running the game with only one GPU.

I have seen further reports for a variety of games where Crossfire or SLI setups might experience stuttering issues, and I am afraid that apart from what is listed here already that I don't have further steps available specific to such setups.

Please reach out to me if you have any further questions.

Message 2 of 8 (467 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Game runs badly on AMD CPUs, don't expect it to be fixed. In this game it seems you're CPU limited when you don't own an I7-6700K or an  I7-5960X.

My rig: AMD FX-8350@4.9ghz, R9 290X@1150/1500mhz, 16GB ram
Message 3 of 8 (462 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DayDiSyraahSwano

I have not yet run into any issues on my FX-8230. This means that any issues that you seem to be experiencing are not specifically related to your AMD CPU. 

Lastly, please don't jump into the topics of other users stating that the game is broken or that AMD CPU's don't work with the game as this doesn't serve any purpose in those topics. I will remove those messages. You are of course free to reach out to us via our PC troubleshooting thread if you would like us to have a further look at your system.

Message 4 of 8 (449 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

FX-8320*

Show me proof you run this game constantly at 60fps or more in 1080P/Ultra settings with your CPU, especially on the highway near South Port when we can see the petrochimical plant. I'd love to see that.

Picture of the place where the FPS are the lowest on the map:

http://download.gamezone.com/uploads/image/data/1193793/NFS_South_Port.jpg

Message 5 of 8 (443 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Hi Tom,

I have gone through the trouble shooting that you had suggested before I contacted you. Also I included My DxDiag in the org post. If you need it elsewhere please inform. I dont understand how I can run Dirt Rally on Ultra, and I can't run this on low? Help me figure it out please. The game is unplayable in it's present state, for me.

Message 6 of 8 (436 Views)

EA DICE Team

@DayDiSyraahSwano

This would depend on the in-game graphical settings. Though I never stated that everything runs at 60FPS without any dips. However, if anything below 60FPS would be unplayable for you then I am afraid that I won't be able to assist further.

Note that you are free to ask for assistance in the troubleshooting thread I linked. I however will not allow a further discussion along these lines.

Message 7 of 8 (447 Views)

★★★ Guide

It's not unplayable, it just feels unpleasant to play due to all these dips (if you don't own a Gsync/Freesync monitor). We want a stable framerate and that's why (it seems) we, PC players, had to wait for 4 months after the console release in order to play this game. 

http://www.needforspeed.com/en_GB/news/pc-specs-wheel-list

When you own a rig above the recommended one for 1080P/60FPS/high settings, it's not supposed to go down  as low as 35/40 fps in some areas. It feels even worse that way than to have the framerate locked @30FPS. 

Message 8 of 8 (430 Views)